How To Fix My Brother Printer Says Offline Problem Windows 10? Also in Apple mac Pro,  

RSS

I have stuck myself with brother printer says offline problem on windows 10 and apple mac pc. 

Here is my story

Since i have setup my brother printer in the network. i was quite happy with it's performance. but yesterday, i was trying to print some documents from my windows 10 pc. there i got brother printer says offline error message. 

At the same time,  i tried to print same documents from my macbook pro as well. but it was giving me same offline error message. 

This topic was modified 6 days  ago 2 times by admin

Most of the cases, customers get brother printer says offline error message because of few reasons:

• Wire or Wireless communication problem
  • Printer driver not detecting the issue 
  • Ink cartridge empty issue.
  • Above issues are some basic issues behind an offline problem.

If you are having the same problems with your brother printer first, you should try to reboot your printer, router, and other devices. 

Now make sure your printer is connected to the wifi. If you don't know how to connect it read how to connect brother printer to the wifi?

You have to update the printer driver software if your brother printer says offline even it is connected to the wifi.

This post was modified 6 days  ago 2 times by Yvonne Nymann Bruun-Schultz

Let's try these things to fix the problem. 

Check network connection-  if you are getting brother printer says offline error message on your windows 10 pc. let's check the connection first.  

make sure your printer and computer are connected in the same network. if you find them in the different network. just go ahead and connect them instantly. 

How to connect brother printer to wifi network 

Printer Driver Issue- usually, people face says offline issue, when they use an outdated printer driver or corrupted driver.  

you need to go ahead and update the driver first. after updating the driver, you should reboot your printer. it will start working fine. 

Somehow, if it is still saying offline error message. you need to go ahead and uninstall the printer driver from your computer. 

• Open the run box and type appwiz.cpl and press ok. 
  • Select your printer driver and click on uninstall. 
  • Now you need to follow the instructions to uninstall the driver. 
  • once you will uninstall the driver, you need to go ahead and reboot your computer. 

Now you need to install the driver and then try to print the document again. 

You can find the latest driver from brothers official website. 

After following these steps, your printer will start working fine. somehow if you have any other problem.

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago by admin
This post was modified 6 days  ago by Yvonne Nymann Bruun-Schultz

I was having a brother printer offline issue with my windows 10 pc, due to the firewall system. 

I did some research on the internet, where someone asked me to disable the firewall and other antivirus software and then try to print. 

I did the same and got the positive result. 

I will also suggest you do so. 

also, sometimes, brother printer keeps going offline due to the poor network connectivity. so you should not forget to check wifi signal strength. 

for more information, you may visit how to fix brother printer won't print anything. this thread has some other advanced tips to fix brother printer. 

I am sure this can help you better. 

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago by Sue A. Davis

Let's restart the printer pool service and then check do you still get brother printer offline error message. 

• Go to the service manager. 
  • Scroll down and click on printer pool service. 
  • Click on restart.

After restarting the service, you should try to print something again. let's see if it is still giving you the same error message or it is fixed now. 

Did you try to print something from the phone or any other devices? If it is printing fine and it keeps giving you the offline error message on your computer only. 

It means, your computer is unable to communicate with your printer. That's why you are getting this error message. 

So first, try to send a ping from your pc to your printer. If you get a reply back then you need to remove the printer property from your pc and add it once again. You need to follow the instructions given below. 

Remove brother printer device from windows 10 pc-

Click on the start button and go to the control panel & click on hardware and sound. 
Select devices and printers. 
Now you need to right-click on your brother printer property and click on remove device. 
When you will hit the remove device option, it will ask you a confirmation message. You need to click on yes. 
After removing the device, reboot your printer and computer for once. 

Add brother printer into windows 10- 

After rebooting your brother printer and computer re-add the devices again. For adding the brother printer you need to follow the instruction given below-

Click on the start button and go to the control panel & click on hardware and sound.
Click on Devices and printer. 
Choose to add a printer from the top menu. 
Now you will see the window, what type of printer do you want to install. If you have a USB printer select local printer, otherwise select wireless, network or Bluetooth option. 
Now your windows pc will start searching for the available printer within your network. If it will find the printer, you need to click on it and hit the finish button. 
Remove brother printer from MAC  PC- 

Go to utility and select printers. 
Now you will able to see the list of printers on your screen. Select your brother printer and click on (-) icon.
Enter your icloud username and password for verification, and your printer will be removed. 
Add Brother printer into MAC PC -

Go to utility and select printers.
Now you need to click on (+) icon and start looking for the network printer.
When it will find your brother printer in the network list, just click on it and finish. 
After re-adding your printer, try to print something for testing. If you are getting any error message, please write in the comment box below.

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago by admin

My brother printer is also giving an error message on the screen Printer is Offline. I read all the above solution and its enough to solve my problem. 

But here is a big problem I have only iPad, don't have any laptop or desktop. Is there any way I can solve my brother printer offline problem?

Hello Philip, 

I did not get your point properly? What exactly do you want to say? 

Can you explain little bit more?

Thank you, 

My windows pc is connected to the printer via USB cable. 

But when i try to print something. My brother printer keeps going offline.

What should i do?

Hello @kaygrijalva ,

Let's disconnect your brother printer from pc and reconnect it. 

Now Reboot your PC & printer. Once your pc will reboot successfully. You need to wait for 3 minute and then try to print something. 

is your brother printer still says offline error message? 

Update your Windows 10 drivers. Windows 10 has uniques features it download required drivers online and install it by itself. You can do it by windows update.
After updating still brother won't connect or print then please re-install printer driver.

You might be having brother printer says offline problem due to the security issues. so i will suggest you to uninstall the firewall and antivirus from your computer, and then try to print the document again. 

To disable the firewall, you need to follow the instructions to fix the instructions given below. 

• Open run box, type control and press ok. 
  • Click on windows firewall. 
  • Select Turn on and off windows firewall option from top right side corner. 
  • Now turn off the firewall and then click on ok. 

To uninstall the antivirus, you need to follow the instructions given below. 

• Go to program and features and select your antivirus. 
  • Click on uninstall. 
  • Now follow the steps, to uninstall it completely. 

After removing the antivirus, you need to reboot your computer once, and then try to print something from your computer. 

let's see if it is printing or still giving you error called, brother printer says offline. 

Be sure, your machine should not be in the sleep mode. If the printer is powered on. You should try to copy any image or paper. 

Share:
Skip to toolbar

Working

Please Login or Register