How Do I Fix My Dell Printer Is Showing Offline Once Giving Command For Printing?
I am using a Dell printer at my shop. Since morning it won't print anything and giving message "Dell Printer is Offline". What does it mean even my printer light is on?
Mostly this problem occurs because of miscommunication between PC, Router, and Printers. It happens due to ip address and data mismatch in the wireless network.
Below the given steps are very common and mostly solve the problems. You should try before going any further.
- Turn off your all the devices like router, printer, and computer.
- Now turn on one by one. The first router then the computer and in the last printer.
- These steps called the power cycle of the devices. It removes all the glitches within the network.
- Now try to make a print.
If you have still the problem go to the next step-
- Right Click on your My Computer logo and go to the Manage option. Select device manager from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the USB controller’s and hit the plus symbol or arrow to open the list.
- On every ‘USB Root Hub’ do right click and select ‘Properties’.
- Now select the ‘Power Management’ tab.
- You have to uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and restart your computer.
- Now follow step 1 again and go to ‘Network adapters’ this time. Right-click on the wireless adapter > properties > power management and uncheck the same option as step 5 above.
I am able to print when my Dell printer is connected with my laptop through USB cable. Once I am trying to disconnect USB cable from my laptop and trying to print its says "Your Dell Printer is offline".
What can be the issue? Is my Dell wifi not working or problem with my router?