How Do I Fix Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working Problem?
I cannot hear any sound from my lenovo laptop. i play any audio or video on it. also not getting any sound at start up as well.
can you tell me what can be the reason behind lenovo laptop sound not working problem and how can i resolve this problem.
You can easily fix lenovo laptop sound problem by using these tricks:
- Try to increase the sound on your laptop. may be you have muted the audio by mistake. that's why you are going through lenovo laptop audio problem.
- check for the driver update. most of the time, people struggle with sound not working issue due to the outdated driver.
- plug in the headphone into your lenovo laptop, and then try to play an audio. let's see if you can hear any noise now or not?
- After following all these instructions, if you are still going through audio problem. i will suggest you to reset the laptop.
note- factory reset process will delete all application installed into your computer. so do it on your own risk.
When you face sound problem with your lenovo laptop. first of all, you need to check following things.
- Driver issue.
- sound is muted.
- speaker problem.
- incorrect audio settings.
These are four common reasons. let me explain about how can you fix them.
Driver issue- when people have an outdated or incompatible sound driver into there lenovo laptop. it will surely cause sound not working issue.
in this case, you should check for the driver update first. to update the sound driver you may follow the instructions given below.
- Go to device manager.
- Click on sound, game and video controller.
- Right click on your sound driver and click on update.
Uninstall Duplicate Sound Driver-
you should also need to be sure about duplicate or multiple sound drivers into your laptop. if you find two or many audio driver into your lenovo pc. you need to go ahead and uninstall them.
you can find the latest driver from lenovo's official website
If both steps doesn't work for you. you need to go ahead and restore your laptop to the back date. when the sound was working fine.
Let's check the audio settings to fix sound not working problem on lenovo laptop.
- Go to control panel and click on sound.
- Choose your speaker working speaker and click on set as default.
- Now go to properties, click on label.
- raise the sound volume, if you find it low.
- Here you need to click on advanced and choose the audio format type.
- choose the audio format type one by one and click on test.
- if you can listen to any sound from your laptop. you need to choose that format and click on ok.
After doing all this,i am sure you will start getting audio from your laptop.
I am going through lenovo laptop sound not working problem, I have tried to follow the instructions given into this post, but it did not work for me at all.
Sometimes, it is giving me sound and sometimes, it looses the audio automatically. in that case, i have to unplug my speakers and re-plug them again.
once i do that, i start getting the sound. but it is little hard to do this for me all time.