How Can I setup Linksys Router Without CD or Linksys Connect Software?
I want to setup my linksys e2500 router. but when i run linksys connect software, it gives me Linksys router can't connect to the internet error.
i talked to my isp, they told me to setup my router without cisco setup. they have given me some username and password to put it on my internet settings.
when i try to sign into my linksys router setup page. it asks me to run setup first. can anyone tell me about how can i install my linksys router without cd?
I have already answered on Linksys router setup at http://www.askprob.com/community/linksys/how-to-install-linksys-wireless-router-in-my-home-network/ , you can read it here. I am giving you the answer once again here.
Providing you very easy steps to setup a linksys router-
- Open browser address bar and type there router's IP address 192.168.0.1
- The "Enter Network Password" window will appear. Skip username and type the router's password (admin is the default password if you haven't changed it) and click the OK button.
- If you are not able to login try the combination of username and password as admin/admin , admin/password or admin/leave blank. One of them surely give you login access.
- Now select your connection type Dynamic or PPPOE.
- If you are choosing PPPOE, type username and password given by your ISP.
- Click Save Settings and restart. Now your Linksys router is ready to use.
In case you have any trouble write in comment below.