Why Is My Netgear Router Blinking Orange Internet Light?  

RSS

Can anyone help me in troubleshooting the netgear router is blinking orange problem? here is my brief details. 

I live in New york, but my home town is in texas. there I go for 2 or 3 days in a month. i have complete network setup in my texas home as well. i am big fan of netgear wireless routers. which i am using it in texas and new york both places. 

now coming to the main problem. 

Today, i came to texas for 3 days. so i cleaned my home and tried to turn on my wifi. i can connect my devices with my netgear router. 

but not getting the internet on any gadgets. i checked my router lights, there i have found flashing orange light or you can say blinking yellow light. 

Now tell me how can i fix my netgear wireless router? 

What color of light can you see on your ISP modem? is it blue or orange?

if you have orange one, then it indicates, this problem belongs to your ISP. there is nothing wrong with your netgear router. in that case, you have to call them and ask them to fix the problem.

they will send a guy to troubleshoot the internet connection.

But somehow, if you manage to get blue or green light on your modem, but only your netgear router is blinking orange.

Then you need to check the internet connection first. you need to unplug the router from the modem and replug it.

after that, you need to power cycle your router and modem once.

If your netgear router is still giving you flashing amber light yet, you need to factory restore your router and reconfigure it.

after doing this, your router will start working fine.

Getting a blinking orange light on netgear router is quite common for these days. this problem usually comes because of few causes.

• Faulty Cable Connection. 
  • Un-identified network connection. 
  • Firmware issue. 

Faulty Ethernet cable or Wrong Connection- 

personally speaking, i have seen people dealing with netgear router blinking orange problem due to the incorrect connection. 

so you should look for the connection first, make sure they both are connected with each other properly. 

your modem should be connected from yellow (that says Internet or WAN) port of the netgear router. 

Also, try to replace the ethernet cable (that has been used for connecting the modem to the netgear router) with another cable. 

let's see if you get the blue light on your netgear wifi router or is it still solid amber light? 

if you get solid blue or green light, then the problem was from the ethernet cable. once you have changed the ethernet cable. the problem has been automatically resolved. 

Now keep your router connected to the modem via new cable. 

Unidentified network Problem - 

you might face netgear router has solid amber light problem due to the unidentified network. 

it happens, when your modem is not able to identify the router or connected to it. 

in this case, you have to clone the mac address of your pc into your router and then try to connect your modem to the router. 

to do the mac cloning , you need to follow the instructions given below. 

• Open the netgear router setup page and go to advance settings. 
  • Click on mac cloning and clone the mac address first. 
  • once you will clone the mac address, you need to click on apply and ok. 

Firmware Issue- 

in some cases, you might be getting solid orange or amber light due to the firmware issue. on your router. that's why you should not forget to check for the firmware update.

if you find any update. you need to go ahead and update your netgear router firmware. 

you can find the latest firmware update from netgear's official website

After following all these instructions, if your router is still not working fine. you need to reset it, and configure the netgear router once again. 

Let's try the following steps. 

• Connect your Pc or laptop to the netgear router using Ethernet cable.
  • Open Netgear router admin page using the ip address 192.168.1.1 or router's ip address.
  • Type the username and password for your netgear router login. 
  • Click on mac internet option. 
  • Scroll down and use computer's mac address. 
  • Now click on apply changes.

Finally, your router will reboot itself, this process may take one minute. 

Once your netgear router will restart. You should try to access the internet on it.

I am sure, you will get rid of Netgear router blinking orange problem. 

In any case, if your netgear router still holds the flashing orange light. please let us know. We will reply it with the solution. 

This post was modified 1 day  ago by Yvonne Nymann Bruun-Schultz

Share:
Skip to toolbar

Working

Please Login or Register