October 20, 2018 at 9:59 am #592
Kay N. Grijalva
To change the alias name, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open your web browser and go to https://account.microsoft.com/account/manage-my-account
- Click on sign in button, and login with your email account.
- Select your info from top menu, and go to manage how you sign into microsoft.
- Now outlook (hotmail) will ask you to verify the account ownership. you need to go ahead and verify the account.
- Now you will able to see account alias window, here you need to click on add email.
- once you will click on add email, you will be redirected to create a new alias name for your email. so you need to type your username in the first section and choose @outlook.com for your email extension.
- after doing all this you need to click on add alias.
- Now you need to select your new alias name as a primary name.
Finally your email alias will be created. you may go ahead and try to log into your hotmail account with new alias. i am sure your email will start working fine.