This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Judy C. Battiste .
October 19, 2018 at 1:05 pm #495
Sue A. DavisParticipant@davis
I have an hp Officejet printer. I am having a really hard time to connect my printer to the wifi (wireless) network but I don’t know how to do that.
Right now, I have connected my printer with my pc via USB cable. Please guide me about it.October 19, 2018 at 1:51 pm #516
Prof. Sibyl PfannerstillParticipant@sibyltill
You can easily connect your hp wireless printer using the printer display control panel. Let’s try to follow the steps below.
- Power on the hp printer, and click on the menu.
- Go to settings.
- Choose network.
- Tap on WLAN setup.
- Now you need to find your wifi network and click on next.
- Here it will ask for WLAN encryption type. Select the encryption type and click on next.
- Finally, your hp wireless printer will ask for type in the password. So you need to type your wireless password and click on ok.
- Now your router verifies the password and connects your hp printer to the wifi.
In case, if you need more help leave the comment below, we will answer it.October 19, 2018 at 1:52 pm #517
Judy C. BattisteParticipant@judy
If you face difficulty in connection hp printer to the wifi via printer panel. you may use WPS feature.
But This feature will work only if your router has WPS feature. So check this facility in router first and then follow the steps given below.
You may use the push button to connect your hp printer to the wifi-
In this method, you have to press the WPS button on your printer and router. In your printer, you will get this option under control panel settings-
- Go to Settings
- In the network, tab go to WLAN
- Select WLAN protected setup
- Here you can see the Push button.
So first, you have to press the push button on your hp wireless printer and then go to the router and press the WPS button on your router as well.
Once you will press the button on both devices, they will start synchronizing themselves. This process may take 2 minutes.
You WPS pin method to connect hp printer to the wifi –
This is one another good feature to connect an hp printer to the wifi. Go to printer setting from the control panel and choose the pin methods on your printer and then go to the router.
Here you will get a self-generated pin code. You have to type that code in the printer settings and press the connect button.
Your printer will start searching for the correct driver. It will automatically detect the correct driver and connect it to the wifi.
October 19, 2018 at 1:53 pm #518
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by admin.
There is a problem with my printer screen. I can’t see anything on it and not able to type the password.
Is there any other way I can connect without typing my password in the printer.
Help will be appreciable.October 19, 2018 at 1:55 pm #519
Kay N. GrijalvaParticipant@kaygrijalva
If you can’t use printer panel to connect your printer to the wifi, You can try to connect your hp printer to the wifi using printer driver.
All you need to do, just download the correct driver from hp website and follow the steps given below.
- Connect your printer to the PC or laptop using USB cable.
- Run the hp printer driver setup.
- you will get the term and condition window, here Accept the license agreement terms and press the next button.
- Now your your pc will start installing the basic settings, it may take some time. so you need to wait for a while.
- Once the basic setup will be completed. You will get a screen to choose the connection type. here you need to choose the wireless connection for your printer.
- After choosing the connection type, you will reach to another window, here you need to click on i am not sure my hp printer is connected to the wifi or not option.
- Now your Pc will show you all available wifi settings and ask you to connect your printer to the pc via wifi.
- Once you will confirm the wifi settings, you need to click on next.
Finally your pc will sync all settings with the hp printer and your printer will be connected to the wifiOctober 31, 2018 at 4:07 pm #966
Sue A. DavisParticipant@davis
I got my printer connected to the wifi successfully? but when I try to print something from my windows 10 pc. It says offline. Why?October 31, 2018 at 4:10 pm #967
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.