How Can I Connect My Brother Printer To The Wireless Network?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark C. Martin .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

I bought a new brother MFC Printer and now planing to setup it as a default wifi printer. but I really Don’t Know How To Connect Brother printer to the wifi ?

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

There are many methods to connect your brother printer with wifi. Some of them are written below.

• WPS method.
    • Printer Panel method.
    • Wifi setup wizard method.

The best way to connect your brother printer with the wireless network is the WPS method. In this method, you have to push the WPS button on your printer and your home router.

Once you will press the button on both devices, your brother will automatically find your network and get itself connected with the network.

Mark C. Martin
    Participant

As Judy have already explained about WPS method. So I am going to skip it and directly going to tell you another way to connect brother printer to the wifi.

Connect brother printer to wifi Using Printer panel-

These days every printer comes with its own control panel. You do also get a small screen to moderate and configure the printer.

Brother printers are also coming with same type control screen display.

You can easily connect your printer to the wifi using the printer display panel. In order to connect your printer, you need to follow the given steps:

Power on your printer, and press the menu or home button.
    Go to network settings using up or down arrow key.
    Select WLAN from the menu.
    Now click on the wireless setup wizard.
    Here, your brother printer will start searching for available network. Once it will scan the network, you will get a list of all the available wireless networks. You need to select your wifi network and click on next.
    Now this will ask you for the encryption type, here you need to choose your encryption type for your wifi and click on next again.
    Finally, you will reach the password authentication window, here you need to type your wifi password and click on ok. Once you will hit the ok button, it may take a few seconds to get connected to your network.
    As I can assume, your brother printer must be connected with the wifi now. Now you should try to print something.

In case, if you are having trouble with printing. you may visit: why is my brother printer not printing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.