How Can I Setup Netgear WIFI Router Without CD?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Judy C. Battiste .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

My friend has given me a netgear router with a setup disk. but i don’t have DVD drive into my pc. is there any way to install netgear router without CD?

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

You can easily install netgear router without a cd? it’s not a big deal at all. just follow the steps given below.

• Power off your internet modem completely.
    • Get an ethernet cable and use it to connect your modem your modem from yellow port of the netgear router.
    • Get another ethernet cable, and connect it from your computer to the any empty port of the netgear router.
    • Now it’s a time to power on your modem, netgear router and computer. so go ahead and power them up and wait for 30 seconds.
    • Once you will get solid blue light on your netgear router, you need to open the web browser into your computer. in case, if your netgear router has blinking orange light, you need to check the connection again.
    • Type router’s ip address in the top address bar, and press enter.
    • here you will automatically detect the internet connection, once it will be connected to the internet. you will get congrats message. you need to click on take me to the internet.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

In case, if you own a static ip internet connection or PPPOE connection from your isp.

You need to skip the above steps and follow the steps given below to setup Netgear router.

• Open the web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the top address bar.
    • Type the username and password for your router login and press ok.
    • Go to internet(WAN) setting, and select the connection type.
    • Now you need to fill the information given by your ISP and click on apply changes.

Finally, your Netgear router will be connected to the internet.

You may go ahead and try to connect your other devices to the Netgear WiFi.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.