This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dashawn Stoltenberg .
October 19, 2018 at 2:02 pm #520
James L. HammerParticipant
I need help about how to update firmware on belkin router. i have an old belkin n150 wireless router.
October 19, 2018 at 2:04 pm #522
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by James L. Hammer.
Updating Router Firmware time to time is very necessary. Follow the steps below and update your router firmware-
- Type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser and log in by using admin as username and password also admin. In some case, the password can be password also.
- Now you have the router set up page open. Go to Firmware Update from right side options.
- Click on Check Firmware and route will start downloading the latest firmware from Belkin server. In this case, you must have the internet connection with your router.
- If you don’t have internet connection download firmware from belkin website and use browse button for uploading firmware which you have downloaded from Belkin server.
- After updating firmware restart your router.
Sometimes firmware doesn’t install. In this situation reset your Belkin router as factory default and then try to update the firmware.October 19, 2018 at 2:12 pm #523
You can easily update the belkin router firmware by following the steps given below.
Step 1 –
To update the firmware, you need a latest software. that you can get from belkin official website. all you need to do just visit belkin’s official support website.
now you need to type your model number in the search box and press enter. for example i have chosen belkin n150 router here:
finally you will able to see list of available firmware. you need to choose the latest firmware and click on download.
after downloading the firmware, it’s a time to upload it on router. so you need to open the belkin router setup page.
and go to firmware update. now you will able to see the option for upload.
here you need to select the file destination and click on apply changes.
finally, your router will start updating itself. this process may take few minutes. so do not turn off the router.
during this time, you might loose the internet connection for a while. so do not worry, just wait once the router firmware will be updated. your router will start working fine.
somehow, if you still can’t access the internet. you need to visit:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.