How do I change my Lenovo Laptop Keyboard?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James Corday .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bryce Kutch
    Participant

My son poured a cup of coffee on my Lenovo laptop. After lots of cleaning, the laptop started working but some keys are not working.

I bought a new laptop keyboard but don’t know how to change it.

Bianka Mitchell
    Participant

You can remove your keyboard easily and replace with new one. Follow the steps with pictures below-

Use paper clip or screwdriver and remove keyboard socket. See the picture below

Now remove data cable strip very carefully. See in the picture-

Now install new keyboard using the same way as you have removed.

Itzel Romaguera
    Participant

As you are saying some keys are working fine. Might possible it can be solved by dehydration process.

We use this process if any mobile gets wet. Put your laptop into dry rice for 2 days. Dry ice absorbs all your coffee moisture and it could be work fine.

You can try this.

James Corday
    Participant

Instead of doing all these things just buy a tiny laptop external USB keyboard if your Lenovo keyboard is not working.

It is possible you can break another thing during the change of internal keyboard. I am also using an external keyboard and believe me it is very cheap and easy to use.

You can buy it easily from anywhere. Even order it from https://www.amazon.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.