How Do I Fix WiFi Is Not Working In My Laptop?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joyce M Cody .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark C. Martin
    Participant
    @markmartin

I have Lenovo Yago 2 Pro with 4 GB Ram. Since I purchase the last 6 month everything was fine. Yesterday it crashes and turned off. I did turn on but my Lenovo laptop won’t connect to the internet.

What do i do now?

Billy E. Rael
    Participant
    @billy

These days, people are having wifi problem due to the outdated driver on windows 10 pc. so you need to go ahead and check for wifi udpate instantly.

if you find there any update. just go ahead and do it.

James L. Hammer
    Participant
    @james

Check Wifi Settings- most of the time, people face wifi is not working problem in there lenovo laptop, just because they have turn it off by mistake.

so i will suggest you to check the wifi settings first. make sure you have not turn it off. if you did so? go ahead and turn it on again.

Check Wireless Adapter- let’s disable the wireless adapter for one minute and then enable it again. after that let me know, what can you see.

To disable the wifi adapter, you need to follow the instructions given below.

• Go to network and sharing center.
    • click on change adapter settings and click on ok.
    • now you will able to see the list of adapters, here you need to right click on wireless adapter and click on disable.
    • wait for one minute and enable it again.

Once you will enable the adapter, try to access the internet again. let’s see what do you see there.

update the wifi driver- 

after following all these steps, if you are still going through wifi is not working problem on your lenovo laptop. i will suggest you to update the network adapter.

once you will update the network adapter. after updating the network adapter, you should try to connect your lenovo laptop to the wifi again. let’s see what happens now.

Alphonso Kassulke
    Participant
    @akassulke

Before applying any changes try to turn off and turn on your wireless from the laptop.

1. Press windows key and “R” together simultaneously.
    2. Now enter ncpa.cpl in the Run box appears on the screen and click OK.
    3. A new window name “Network Connection” will open on the screen.
    4. Here you can see some icons. Find Wireless icon and right click on it.
    5. Now click on disable and again click on enable.
    6. Now try to connect with your home wifi, it must be working.

Joyce M Cody
    Participant
    @cody-joyce

It might possible your wifi receiver was not working anymore. In this case, use an external wifi receiver. It comes in a USB format and easy to use.

Just plug in your laptop USB port and you will start getting the wireless network signal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.