How Do I Remove MacKeeper From MacBook? MacKeeper Removal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javier Brown .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zyan Herzog
    Participant

I don’t know from where I got mac keeper in my mac book and its popping up every time. It is very irritating. 

I have noticed that my Mac book is started working slow. How can I uninstall mac keeper from my mac book?

Stephen N Delatorre
    Participant

Removing mackeeper is not a big deal. Most of the user is not familiar with uninstalling any application from MacBook. Just follow the simple methods below-

Find Application folder in your MacBook and open it.
    move cursor on mackeeper icon. Now drag and drop into trash icon.
    If you are login with your administrator account otherwise it will ask the administrator password.
    One more notification box will open and ask to confirm before uninstalling the mackeeper from MacBook.
    Once you will click ok, the uninstalling process will start.
    Thanks.

Joyce M Cody
    Participant

Firstly you have to sign in your Mac as root administration permission. If it is your own personal MacBook, it is possible you are already administration login.

Many User and developers say Mac Keeper is poorly developed software. Their developer tries very hard to make it better. So it requires you to remove Mac Keeper completely.

Mac requires you to Quit MacKeeper first before deleting. If it is not closed, you can get a message saying: “The item “MacKeeper” cannot be removed because it’s open”.

Again, a warning: if you have used MacKeeper’s encryption feature, be sure to unencrypt before you uninstall MacKeeper.

You must also check any personal files are stored in /Documents/MacKeeper are Backups.

Javier Brown
    Participant

Just drag and drop into the trash. I did also remove my Mackeeper like that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.