How Do I Reset My AOL Account Password?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Manuel .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bianka Mitchell
    Participant
    @mbianka

I couldn’t open my AOL email since last 6 months after a minor surgery. When I reached my home, that day I was trying to check my email and you know I forgot my password.

I don’t know my password and don’t have access to my AOL email account. Is there any way to recover my AOL password or reset my AOL password?

Denise Schaefer
    Participant
    @dschaefer

I will recommend you to create a password that is at least eight characters long and includes numbers and letters. Never use any similar words, like as your first or last name or the word “password.”

Forgot your password? No worries! If you’ve forgotten the password for your AOL Mail account, it can be recovered easily. Just follow the steps below to reset your account with a new password.

Visit the Let’s reset your password page.
    Type your username or email address in that text box.
    Click Next.
    Enter the email address you specified for account recovery.
    Click Submit.
    Enter the answer to your security question.
    Click Submit.
    Enter a new password, and then do it once more to verify that you are typing it correctly. It’s best to choose a secure, “hack-proof” password.
    Click Submit again and then Continue.

Itzel Romaguera
    Participant
    @iromaguera

There are two possibilities if any AOL user doesn’t use any email within 6 months, it counted as inactive accounts. The server put those accounts in disable mode.

If the user is not trying to reach their accounts with few months after disabling, the server has rights to remove that accounts and data permanently.

It might possible your AOL account is on disable mode also you are not able to reset your password.

So would like to suggest you contact your email service provider and enable your account as soon as possible.

Mack Manuel
    Participant
    @mackmanuel

You are allow to close your AOL account at any time. Read the following info to understand what this action is required for Closing an AOL free account.

Canceling your AOL Account to a free plan and permanently delete your AOL Free Mail Account is very easy. If You can’t Delete your AOL Free Account take help by AOL Support experts.

Steps to Close AOL Free Account:

Go to Aol.com and Click AOL My Account

Choose Service option then select Subscriptions.

Now click on Manage go to the plan you’d like to cancel.

Selects cancel My Account. A new box where put the reason for Cancelling the AOL Account. After Putting Your reason for the close account your account has been closed.

Manuel
    Participant
    @sare

AOL Email’s password change process :

• Go to the AOL email login or sign in page
    • Select Login/Join and click on it
    • Type there your AOL username and click next
    • Now choose the “Forgot password”
    • Type your username in the box and tap next
    • Now type your registered phone number associated with your account and click next
    • You will get an OTP verification code on your phone number. Type that number in the box shown on the screen.
    • After click on verify it will prompt two boxes for type new password and confirm the same password again
    • Click next and you are good to go

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.