Fix : Can’t Sign InTo Yahoo Mail Account

Nowadays Yahoo Mail users are surrounded by many problems. Not being able to access the Yahoo Mail account is one of them. Whenever a user types his email address and password on the login portal. So he has to face the following problems.

1. Yahoo mail keeps redirecting them to the login page. 
  2. Getting incorrect username and password error after hitting the sign in button. 
  3. Yahoo login page is not responding. 
  4. Getting privacy error on yahoo login page.

Why can’t I log into my Yahoo Mail account?

Usually, login problems in Yahoo accounts come due to wrong login details. Meanwhile, you may also not be able to sign into the yahoo account due to the following reasons. 

1. Yahoo accounts have been deactivated. 
  2. Password is incorrect. (Probably, the Caps lock is on). 
  3. Login credentials have been changed by anonymous person. 
  4. Internet or security related issues. 
Fix can't sign into yahoo mail

How Do I Get Back My Yahoo Mail Account? 

Reset the yahoo password- 

If you can’t sign into your yahoo mail account due to the incorrect username /password error. You should verify the username first.

Now reset the password and update it on your yahoo mail account.

• Go to the mail.yahoo.com.
  • Please Enter the yahoo User id / Email address.
  • Click on the Continue button.
  • Now Hit the Forgot Password.forgot yahoo password , fix can't sign into yahoo mail
  • Select a method to Verify The Account. In such a case, I am selecting the phone number.Recovery method to fix can't sign into yahoo mail
  • Please input the OTP, which you have got on the registered phone or email. (whichever method you have chosen for verification).verify the account to fix can't log into yahoo mail account
  • Now put in the new network name, and press the finish button.Yahoo mail new password

Note- If yahoo can’t reset the yahoo mail password. Please go to the: how do I  reset the yahoo mail password  for brief instructions.

Check Yahoo Server Status –

Sometimes, yahoo mail won’t let me sign in because of the server issues.

When Yahoo Mail servers are down or in maintenance mode. So users have to face many problems while login.
That’s why you should check yahoo mail servers, if yahoo mail server is down, you should wait until they start working properly.

Clean up the browser- 

If yahoo login page not working or showing yahoo mail temporary error 14. In that case, you have to use a new browser to log into the yahoo mail account.

Clear cookies on browser to fix can't log into yahoo mail problems

If you have gained access into the mail account there. It means you must have to clean up the primary browser to access the yahoo account.

• Delete the browsing data from the browser.
  • Update the browser if available.
  • Reset the browser.
  • If this doesn’t permit you to access the account, uninstall the current browser and install a newer one.

Disable the proxy or VPN- 

If your browser keeps showing the connection is not private error while loading the yahoo mailbox or login page. It means, there is an issue at the VPN or Proxy program. Probably, they closes up the SSL Connection.

To fix that, You have to deactivate the VPN & proxy programs and then retry to access the mail account again.

Also, sometimes, the browser might be unable to Load the SSL certificate. So you need to reset the yahoo account and then retry to access the webmail again.

How Do You Fix Can’t log in to yahoo mail account on outlook? 

If you are having the sign in problems on yahoo account while accessing it via outlook or another third party app. Please make the some modifications in the yahoo settings on the outlook app.

Update the sign in details on the outlook or mail app- 

1. Open the outlook on the computer.
  2. Click on the file.
  3. Now push the account settings button.
  4. Select the yahoo account (you are having trouble with).
  5. Press the change or modify account button.
  6. Please update the yahoo username and password on it and click on the next button.
  7. Finally, push the finish button.

Update the IMAP/ pop settings- 

If you still can’t sign into the yahoo mail account after inputting the valid user details. Please have a look over at the pop/imap settings.

the following settings must be mismatching on the account.

IMAP Server-Name- imap.mail.yahoo.com

Port no – 993

SSL requirement- Yes.

POP 3 Servers- Pop.mail.yahoo.com

Port no – 995

SSL Requirement- yes.

SMTP Server Name- smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Port no – 465 or 25

SSL requirement – Optional.

How Do I Fix can’t Sign InTo Yahoo Mail Account Issues On The Android Phone – 

Turn off the airplane mode- 

Whenever you can’t sign into the yahoo mail account on an android phone or tablet, you should start with reviewing the airplane mode settings on the phone.

1. Open the settings on the android phone.
  2. Press the airplane.
  3. If it is on presently, you need to turn it off.

Remove & re-add the account- 

1. Go back to the settings.
  2. Swipe up, Now tap on the users & Accounts.
  3. Once you log into the users & accounts, tap on the yahoo account.
  4. Touch the remove account button.
  5. Press Yes to delete the account.
  6. Now press the Add account button.
  7. Tap on yahoo.
  8. Enter the yahoo address on the phone and push the next button.
  9. Now enter the login password and press the sign-in button.

Clear the app data- 

Sometimes, People have to deal with the sign in problems on the yahoo mail account due to the app data issue. So you should clean up the app data on the mail account using these techniques.

1. Touch and hold the mail app.
  2. Tap on the app info.
  3. Press the clear data button.
  4. Now close the app, and then configure the yahoo account again.

Use yahoo official app – 

If you can’t access the yahoo mail after changing the mail settings. Please get the new yahoo official app on the android phone. Now try to access the account.

Fix Can’t log into the yahoo account on the iPhone, iPad? 

When you unable to access the yahoo email account due to the iPhone or iPad. Please modify these settings on the IOS gadgets.

1. Disable the airplane mode.
  2. Check the internet status on the phone.
  3. Update the mail app.
  4. Clear the app data.

Re-setup The Account –

If that won’t work, you have to delete the account from the iphone and reconfigure it using the details given below.

1. Open the settings on iPhone.
  2. Tap on the accounts & passwords.
  3. Touch the yahoo account button.
  4. Push the delete account button.
  5. Press the yes button once you see the notification.
  6. Now push the add account button.
  7. Touch the yahoo from the list.
  8. Enter the yahoo mail address and press the next button.
  9. Enter the yahoo password and press the Next button again.
  10. Finally, press the add account button.

Frequent questions Related To the yahoo login problems? 

Why does yahoo won’t let me log in on google chrome? 

Usually, users can’t sign into the yahoo mail on the google chrome due to the bookmark or cookies issues. so you should clear that out.

1. Clear the cookies and cache data.
  2. Remove the yahoo urls from the bookmarks.
  3. Delete the extension.
  4. Update the chrome browser.
  5. Uninstall the current chrome browser, and then install a new browser.

How Do I Reset The Yahoo Mail Password Without Phone number? 

If you have forgotten the yahoo password and don’t have the recovery phone number. you should try  another methods, How To Access Yahoo Account Without Phone Number?

How to secure the yahoo account from anonymous person?

If you want to secure the yahoo account from the anonymous person. you should turn on the two step security & account access, and update the password. Visit: How To Secure Yahoo Account From Anonymous person?

How to fix can’t sign into yahoo mail on new phone number? 

You can not add the new number without account verification. So If you don’t have to the old phone number or other recovery options. Than, It won’t be able to access the mail.

How To Sign In On Yahoo With Password Only?

If you want to sign in to the yahoo mail account with the password only. doesn’t want to use the two step security or fingerprints. you can go to the account settings and disable it.

Disable the two steps security- 

• Open the Yahoo account.
  • Click on the Yahoo Profile. 
  • Press the Account Info. 
  • Press the Account security.
  • Turn off the 2 Step verification.

Disable the Fingerprint/ Pin Sign In- 

• Open the yahoo account.
  • Click on the yahoo profile.
  • Now click on the account info.
  • Press the Account Security button.
  • Turn Off the fingerprint/Pin sign in.

Ajay Rathaur

I am a tech blogger who is always excited to write about technology. Especially related to routers, printers and computers, and email. Along with writing, I have also worked as a technical support engineer for 7 years.

This Post Has 11 Comments

1. Nathan B. Scott

Is there are problem with yahoo mail today? I am unable to open the https://mail.yahoo.com web page on my computer.

2. Jacqueline J. Jackson

Why Can’t I sign into the yahoo mail on the samsung galaxy note 10 android phone. When I tap on the mail app. The imap login window keeps popping up on the device.
    So far, I have entered the login password multiple times but couldn’t get rid of that pop up screen. I am really fed up with this what to do now?

3. Shayla L. Baade

Why I can’t sign into yahoo mail account from outlook application? Do not worry, Here are the guide to fix the problems.

4. Sara M. Walsh

How do I sign into my yahoo account with new phone number? I don’t have the old phone number with me but it keeps asking me for verification code which is going on the old phone.

5. Jerry O. Rothschild

Why Can’t I log into yahoo on my Phone? It keeps showing the authentication failed error. so can you assist me in fixing the problems.

6. Guillermo D. Destefano

Is there any way to access the yahoo account without password? Because I don’t remember it. also, I don’t have a recovery option to change it.

7. Sandra P. Cook

Why is my yahoo mail not working on the phone or computer? Whenever I open up the yahoo login form. it shows me can’t reach to this page error.

8. Cory S. Williams

Hi,
    I can’t access My yahoo account on the older android phone. Each time, I try to access the account, It keeps showing me the incorrect username or password error.
    Meanwhile, Same password is working on the computer, My account is logged in there.

9. Johnny J. Goheen

I haven’t been log into my yahoo mail account since yesterday but after reading your blog. I found that the Quick heal antivirus was blocking the email account. So I have disabled the web protection on them. In case, If you are dealing with the yahoo mail account.

10. Lance A. Williams

Can you help me in fixing the yahoo mail login problems? I forgot my yahoo password and now I don’t have any recovery option. So how do I fix the login problems.

11. Dominic J. Southern

Do you have any idea about why I can’t access the yahoo mail account on the outlook application? Each time, I open the yahoo account on this application, It will shows me a authentication error, and keeps asking me to enter the password.
    Although, I have entered the password many times but outlook won’t connect to the yahoo mail app yet.

Leave a Reply