How To Fix My AOL Desktop Not Responding Problem? AOL Gold Not Working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Judy C. Battiste .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Donato VonRueden
    Participant

I am using AOL desktop gold software for my AOL services because it feels very easy for me. Today, when I was trying to sign into my AOL account and it just says, AOL desktop not responding.

I tried to restart my computer but didn’t work yet?

Walter R Gonzalez
    Participant

AOL gold service is one the best service of AOL company. It is premium service to their premium customer. Support on AOL Desktop or Gold is very good by AOL technicians.

AOL desktop is an AOL email application which works like an exchange server. Once you going online it will download and send all your email and works.

The tough part is its configuration first time and getting an error during email sending and receiving time. You can restart your computer to fix it.

Sometimes firewall and antivirus blocking system create the problem in AOL desktop. In this situation, you have to bypass a firewall.

You should contact server administrator of AOL technical support. If you are a technician and do you have knowledge about POP email server configuration write down below in comments, I will guide you individually.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Please check some useful steps below-

Network connection speed must be strong. AOL desktop won’t work if you have the slow Internet connection or frequent disconnection.

You have to check the system requirements for the AOL desktop software. Your system hardware must be capable enough for supporting AOL desktop application. In case, the specifications don’t match up with the software needs, it will not work.

Update your AOL software from time to time. The user did complain they had the problem with outdated software and problem becomes solve after updating AOL desktop gold.

Try to access your AOL desktop Gold after restarting the computer.

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

Let’s follow the steps given below to fix aol desktop not responding problem.

• Open using box using (windows +R key)
    • Type control and press ok, Click on program and features.
    • Now scroll down and select the aol desktop application.
    • Hit uninstall option from the top.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the program completely.

once your aol desktop software will be uninstalled. you need to reboot your windows computer for once, and then install a latest desktop software.

I am sure, you will get rid of aol desktop not responding problem.

Isidro Dooley
    Participant

How do I fix my AOL desktop keep crashing? Whenever I am trying to open my AOL desktop gold it’s opening and closing automatically by giving some error.

What could be the reason?

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

Hello Isidro Dooley!

Before I will share the instructions about how to fix aol desktop not responding?

Can you tell me about your computer configuration? maybe your computer has a low hardware configuration, that’s why you are going through such kind of problem.

aol desktop not responding, aol desktop quite working, aol desktop stopped working

The basic requirement for hardware is listed below:

you need at least Windows 7, 8 or 10, 266 MHz or faster computer processor; 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended 1 GB RAM, 512 MB free hard disk space*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.