How to make veg cake without an oven?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susie Morar .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Michael E Wilber
    Participant

I don’t have an electric oven. Can I make a cake without an oven? Is there any method for making a cake without an oven?

Ollie O’Keefe
    Participant

Yes, you can make the cake without oven. Some veg cake without batter can be created easily. You can check out at http://www.askprob.com/forums/topic/how-to-make-veg-cake-at-home/ .

If you are looking for batter cake without an oven, use a pressure cooker. First, create your batter or material for cake.

Now put a stand inside the pressure cooker or a small inverted vessel. Put a small amount of water beside the vessel. Place the batter filled dish over the stand. I have attached the image of it have a look at it.

Close the pressure cooker but do not keep the weight over the top. Cook the batter on the medium flame for 30–40 minutes.
    Remove the lid of pressure cooker and poke a small stick or toothpick. If it returns back means the cake is ready to serve.

Susie Morar
    Participant

You can use gas tandoor instead of the oven. Gas tandoor is an Indian utensil just like barbeques.

Gas tandoor works on flame gas or LPG gas. You just have a look in the picture and check out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.