How to save photos in iCloud and delete from my iPhone?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Javier Brown .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anastasia Crist
    Participant

My i Phone is about to full. I want to delete some pictures. Some pictures are very important to me.

I want to keep safe in iCloud Online. how can I transfer my photos from iPhone to icloud easily?

Javier Brown
    Participant

It seems you have an issue about lack of available storage space on your iPhone. In this situation, you should activate “Optimise iPhone Storage” option.

After activating it will safely store all the pictures and videos in iCloud storage. All the iPhone pictures and videos would be resized to a lower resolution.

You will still be able to see them but if you want to edit or transfer them, an Internet connexion must be needed. It will download the original copy from iCloud storage.

1. Open your iPhone and go to the Settings app
    2. Scroll down menu and select on “Photos” (for iOS 11) or “Photos & camera” (for iOS 10 and earlier)
    3. Now turn on “Optimise iPhone Storage” option

Now your phone just needs an Internet connection and it will automatically upload all the new pictures on iCloud.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.