My Belkin Router’s WiFi Antenna Got Broken?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anastasia Crist .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sue A. Davis
    Participant
    @davis

My Just fall in down my router yesterday. So I broken my router’s Antenna. Can you tell me how can i fix the problem?

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant
    @judy

If you have broken the antenna on your laptop. it would not possible to repair the same antenna. All you can do, just replace the antenna.

To do that, you need to go to the nearest computer store. buy the antenna and install it on your router.

When you plan to buy a new antenna. you should check a few things.

Be sure your antenna is capable for required bandwidth.
    Be sure the antenna will fit in your router.
    if you are not sure about these things. you should carry your router to the store. ask for the help from the storekeeper or salesman. He can give you the correct antenna.

The antenna will cost you around $5 to $6.

You can easily find it on Belkin’s official website or Amazon store.

Curtis Vaillancour
    Participant
    @curtis

I agree with Judy. I had broken router few years ago. That time, I tried to fix the antenna. It didn’t work for me.

That time, I researched on internet internet, and used multiple ways to fix the problem. but my router didn’t worked for me.

Finally, I went to Best buy and bought a new antenna. Once I placed the new Antenna into my router. My router has started working fine.
    I hope it will help you alot.

Anastasia Crist
    Participant
    @anastasia

Belkin router antenna broken problem is a very basic problem. The antenna can split anyway. Antenna hikes the forwarded signal also helps in data transfer.

The antenna is a twisted copper wire. Further, this twisted copper wire covers with soft rubber. An antenna wire connects with the motherboard of the router and goes to that twisted copper wire. Just like the image below-

Antenna Wire connection with the motherboard-

If your antenna is broken it can also repair easily. Find out a thick wire. Twist the wire in spiral or coil form. Further, connect the wire with broken antenna point. Your antenna is ready to work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In