My Brother Printer Says Offline On Windows 10 Pc Why?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Gertrude Smitham .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Mark C. Martin
    Participant
    @markmartin

I am struggling with brother printer says offline for three days. This message occurs in windows 10 and mac book air only.

While my other PC’s can print without any issues.

Here is the brief detail of my bother printer is offline problem.

I have an brother mfc Printer. it is only two years old wireless printer. every time, when i have to print something from printer. I just give it a command, and it was printing fine for me.

But yesterday, I don’t know what happen? I was trying to print a document from my windows 10 Pc. but It gives me an offline error.

So I tried to print it from macbook air as well, but i faced the same issue there as well.

what should I do now?

Therese Murray
    Participant
    @therurray

Most of the cases, users fall in with brother printer says offline error because of few causes:

• Trouble with wifi connection
    • Pc can’t communicate with brother printer.
    • Ink cartridge is empty issue.

If you are also infected with brother printer says offline issue. let’s follow the instructions given below.

Now be sure your printer is connected from the wifi network. If you don’t have idea about how to connect it read how to connect brother printer to the wifi?

After connecting your printer. you should try to make a print again. let’s see what happen now?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  admin.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant
    @kaygrijalva

Let’s try these things to fix the brother printer keeps saying offline problem.

Check network connection- Be sure about network connection first. is your brother printer and Pc’s are connected with the same network?

If you found them connected with the different network. you need to go ahead and connect them with the same wifi network.

How to connect brother printer to wifi network 

Printer Driver Issue-  Did you try for the driver update? most of the time, people get brother printer says offline error message due to the driver issue. so do not forget to check for the update.

your still continues with  offline error message. you need to remove the brother printer driver from your computer and install it back again.

• Let’s open the run box (windows + R) and type appwiz.cpl and press enter or ok.
    • right click on your brother printer driver and click on uninstall option.
    • check on complete uninstall and click on finish.
    • after uninstalling the printer driver, you need to go ahead and reboot your pc.

Let’s try to install the driver on your printer again.

You might find the latest driver from brothers official website. 

Now I hope, your brother printer will be back online.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Kay N. Grijalva.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Kay N. Grijalva.

Sue A. Davis
    Participant
    @davis

I was going through brother printer says offline cause due to the firewall system.

once i turn off the antivirus, and windows firewall. I was able to print successfully.

also, Few times, brother printer keeps going offline due to the poor network connectivity. So you should place your brother printer near by the wifi router.

for brief explain, you may visit how to fix brother printer won’t print? this topic covers advanced tips to fix brother printer.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant
    @brenda

Did you try to restart the printer pool services? If you haven’t yet. let’s do it once.

• Go to the service manager.
    • Scroll down and click on printer pool service.
    • Click on restart.

Right after the restarting the service, you should try to print something. let’s see if your printer is still showing offline error message or it’s working fine now?

Philip Steuber
    Participant
    @psteuber

My windows pcs are also displaying an error message Printer is Offline. I read all the above solution, but they don’t seem to enough for me.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Philip Steuber.

admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

Hi Philip,

We want to you explain little more about your brother printer problem.

So we can understand it correctly and help you in fixing the problem.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant
    @kaygrijalva

I have connected my brother printer to the wifi via usb cable? but when I try to print something, it shows brother printer says offline error message why?

admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

Hello @kaygrijalva ,

You should disconnect your brother printer to the wifi for one minute and then reconnect it.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant
    @judy

Let’s Disable the security options once. it may solve the brother printer offline problem.

for disabling the windows firewall, you can use this method.

• Let’s go to control and press ok.
    • Click on the windows firewall option.
    • Select Turn on and off windows firewall option from top menu available in the right side corner.
    • Click on turn off the windows firewall and press the apply changes button.

To uninstall the antivirus, you may follow this guide.

• Let’s go to program and features and click on your antivirus program.
    • Right click on it and Click on uninstall.
    • did you get the confirmation windows? Click on yes!  and follow the instructions to uninstall it completely.

Now Reboot your pc and printer again, let’s see if it working now or not.

admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

May be your printer is in the sleep mode? so try to reboot your printer once.

Alphonso Kassulke
    Participant
    @akassulke

Check your Brother printer is connected with your windows 10 pc. I want to say check the connection between printer and pc.

Joshua K. Collins
    Participant
    @joshua

I am also dealing with brother printer say’s offline problem on my windows 10 pc. I tried to follow the given instructions but my printer is still unable to print anything from my computer.

at the same time, If I try to print something from my other windows pcs. my brother printer works properly fine.

it will not let me fall in any kind of trouble. why is this happening?

Sue A. Davis
    Participant
    @davis

Let’s try to scan something and check if you get it on your windows 10 pc or not.

If it does still gives you brother printer offline error message, you need to disable the firewall and proxy settings. I am sure your printer will start working fine.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant
    @judy

What do you do, when your brother printer is working fine with some devices but at the same time, it doesn’t work on other devices. gives me an error message called, “brother printer say’s offline”.

They all are connected with the same wireless network. you should try to access the network. also, I can scan any document from my computer.

Gertrude Smitham
    Participant
    @sgertrude

Hello Judy,

This is the most common problem for nowadays. it usually happens when devices are unable to sync with brother printer in the same network.

In this case, you can easily get rid of brother printer says offline problem using the techniques given below:

• Remove your brother printer property from the devices on which your brother keep going offline.
    • Now power off your brother and devices for one minute, and then power it back on.
    • Now try to add your printer into the same devices again.

After doing this you will get rid of brother printer says offline problem.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.