Why Does My Negear Router Won't Connect To Internet.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  admin .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Billy E. Rael
    Participant

my netgear router is not working. if I connect my router directly to the modem. It won’t allow me to access the internet.

while I can access the internet, if I connect my modem to the pc directly. how can I fix netgear router won’t connect to the internet problem?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  admin.

marlene D.
    Participant

Let’s follow these tips to fix Netgear router won’t connect to internet problem.

• Be sure about the cable connection first. Is your modem connected to the WAN or internet port of the router properly?
    • Also, check the connection between the router and computer. Make sure your Pc is connected to the LAN port of the Netgear router.

If you have connected your laptop to the Netgear router via wifi. You need to disconnect it and reconnect it with the wifi.

• Power off your Internet modem only wait for 10 seconds and plug it in.
    • Once you will get solid green light on your modem, power off your wifi router for 10 seconds and power it back on.

Now wait for 2 minutes and then check did you get blue light or still you have blinking orange light on your netgear router.

John N. Ellis
    Participant

Did you check for the firmware update? if you haven’t yet. let’s try to do so first.

• Open the Netgear router setup page.
    • Click on the advance settings.
    • Choose the advance again and click on the firmware update.
    • Now Click on update.
    • Finally, your router will start updating the firmware. once your router firmware will be updated. your router will start working fine.

admin
    Keymaster

What kind of connection type do you have from your ISP? like: is it Dynamic connection, or PPPoE, static connection?

netgear router won't connect to internet, netgear router is not connecting to the internet, netgear router has no internet

If you don’t have a dynamic connection, I will suggest you configure the router once again with your ISP settings.

I am sure you will get rid of the Netgear router won’t connect to internet problem.

in case, if you need more help, please let us know. we will try our best to fix the problem.

admin
    Keymaster

What kind of connection type do you have from your ISP? like: is it Dynamic connection, or PPPoE, static connection?

netgear router won't connect to internet, netgear router is not connecting to the internet, netgear router has no internet

If you don’t have a dynamic connection, I will suggest you configure the router once again with your ISP settings.

I am sure you will get rid of the Netgear router won’t connect to internet problem.

in case, if you need more help, please let us know. we will try our best to fix the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.