Fix Belkin Router Blinking Orange Light Problem [Best Guide]

Whenever you set up a Belkin router in your home, expect a better performance from it. Belkin, being a reputed company, tries to provide you with such a device, in which many problems related to hardware are seen. But sometimes some people have to face common issues related to software. Due to which the internet supply from the router stops. In this situation, a blinking orange light appears on the Belkin router instead of blue.

What Does It means when Belkin router light turns orange?

Some of you might not be familiar with the led lights on the router. So you must be thinking, what does this color light means? Here are the differences between them. 

Belkin router blinking orange light

Blinking or solid blue/ green light- A solid blue or blinking blue/green light indicates that the internet is active on the router. You can connect other devices to it for accessing the internet. 

Blinking orange, red or amber light- When you see the blinking orange, amber or flashing orange light on the router. It means the router is connected to the modem, but there is no internet accessibility. 

Solid orange light on the router- When you see the solid orange / red light on the belkin router. It means, router is unable to detect the modem due to the connection issue. 

Why Is My Belkin router showing orange light instead of blue? 

Generally, the Belkin router shows blinking orange light because of the internet connectivity issue. Which, appears due to the following reasons: 

1. Router is unable to detect the modem. 
  2. The Ethernet cable is faulty. 
  3. No Internet service from the ISP side. 
  4. Router is not configured properly. 
  5. Router firmware is corrupted or outdated. 
  6. Hardware issues on the router. 

How To Fix Belkin Router Orange Internet Light? 

Step 1 – Verify the Internet Status on Modem –

When Belkin router is not working due to the orange internet light issue, You should inspect the internet connection status on the modem first.

• Unplug the power cord from the belkin wifi router.
  • Disconnect the modem from the router.
  • Now connect the modem directly to the laptop/ desktop through ethernet wire.
  • Now restart the computer and modem once.

After restarting the pc, you should surf the internet on your browser, let’s see if is allowing you to access the internet or not?

If it doesn’t allow you to access the internet, you need to call your ISP and ask them to troubleshoot the issue. If you can access the internet on your pc, you need to proceed to step 2.

Step 2- Set up the wiring connection-

If Internet is active on the modem, you need to disconnect the modem from the router and then reconnect it to the router. Please use the instructions given below to make the connection.

• Turn off the Belkin wireless router & modem.
  • Connect the modem from modem/WAN port of the router.
  • Now switch on the router and modem, and wait until you see the solid lights on the router.

Note- Do not use the faulty ethernet cable or connector. otherwise, your device will not work.

Step 3- Clone the Physical (mac) Address-

When your modem is unable to identify the device in the network, it will not serve the internet. In such a case, your Belkin router will have a blinking orange internet light.

Clone the mac address

To fix this issue, you have to clone the mac address or your pc using the following process.

• Connect your computer to the LAN port of the router using ethernet wire. (do not connect your computer to the router using wifi feature)
  • Now open the browser on your computer.
  • Type 192.168.2.1 (your router’s IP address) in the address box.
  • Press the enter button.
  • Now log into the dashboard.
  • Expand the advanced settings option.
  • Under the WAN settings, Click on the mac address.
  • Press the clone button.
  • click on the save option.

Finally, your Belkin router reboot itself and orange light will turn into blue or green.

Step 4 – Change the IP address –

When you are using the wireless modem, It will be using the IP address from C class subnets. Due to which, belkin router and modem will conflict with each other. In such a case, a flashing orange light will appear on the belkin router. change the router ip address

To fix that problem, you have to change the router’s IP address to another subnet.

• Let’s access the Belkin router dashboard panel.
  • Expand the Advanced settings. 
  • Click on the local network settings option.
  • Remove the ip address 192.168.2.1 from the LAN Ip address section.
  • Type the new IP address as 10.0.0.1 and subnet mask as 255.0.0.0.
  • Click on the save button.

Update your router with recent firmware-

If you haven’t find anything wrong with the internet settings but your belkin router is keeps blinking orange. There might be a problem at the router firmware side. probably, the belkin router’s firmware is corrupted or outdated. So You should update the router firmware using the following details.

• Let’s open the belkin dashboard again.
  • Expand the advanced settings.
  • Under the utilities section, click on the firmware update option.
  • Press the check firmware button;

If there will be a new firmware available for your belkin router. you can press the update now button.

Finally, your router will start updating itself, It may take some time, during the update process.

Hard Reset the Belkin wifi router-

After applying the above techniques, If a Belkin router is still blinking orange  or red internet light. you have to reset the Belkin wireless router and setup it from the beginning. Factory reset the router

• Go back to the Belkin router dashboard.
  • Click on the factory restore default option.
  • Push the restore default button.

Once your router is factory restored, you need to setup the Belkin router again.

Once you will make these changes into the router. It will start showing the solid blue or green light. in case, if Belkin router continues showing the flashing orange light. It means, there is a hardware fault. so you have to replace the router.

You can also read: How do I fix Belkin range extender orange light problem? 

Ajay Rathaur

I am a tech blogger who is always excited to write about technology. Especially related to routers, printers and computers, and email. Along with writing, I have also worked as a technical support engineer for 7 years.

This Post Has 6 Comments

1. Rogelio B. Lunsford

Why is my Belkin router not connecting to the internet? It keeps showing the red light while modem is showing the blue lights on it.

2. Charles E. Gabbert

Why is my belkin N300 not working properly? It keeps showing me no internet status on my devices. Also, some devices are frequently disconnecting from the wifi network.

3. Janelle P. McDonough

What to do when Belkin n450 wireless router has solid orange internet light. I have checked the connection. Nothing seems to be wrong with it. Still my router is not connecting to the internet. Can you share some guide to fix such issues.

4. Kerry M. House

What to do when belkin router flashing orange and blue internet light? The internet status on the belkin router is disconnected.

5. Joel A. Ratliff

Can you tell me the quick way to fix the belkin router orange internet light problem. how do I fix the problem?

6. Annette R. McGinnis

What to do when belkin router is showing orange internet light. If you connect the computer to the modem directly. I can access the internet properly. What should I do now?

Leave a Reply