Why my belkin router is blinking orange and blue ? No Internet?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cuttings .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

I am dealing with belkin router is blinking orange and blue light problem for two days. I tried to fix my router. but got failure all time.

here i am explaining my story:

Every night, when I go to the bed, i usually turn off my devices and turn them back on when I woke up in the morning.

Today, I was also doing the activity. but my belkin wifi router is showing Solid Orange and sometimes blinking orange lights.

I am totally confused about what should I do in this situation. can anyone help me on this problem?

Katelynn Tillman
    Participant

As far I can understand, you have flashing amber light on belkin router due to the few reasons only.

• Connection trouble
    • using an outdated router firmware
    • Mac Address Problem

let’s try the options given below to fix your belkin router blinking orange issue.

Cable connection Problem- Check the cable connection between belkin wifi router and modem. be sure both of them are connected to the each other properly.

Do not forget to check the Ethernet cable as well. in some cases, people deal with no internet problem due to the faulty ethernet cable.

Firmware Issue- usually, firmware issue comes on old belkin router. but sometimes, it can be on a new router as well. so you should check for the firmware update as well.

Mac Address Problem – in certain cases, people get blinking orange light on belkin router due to the device identification problem.
    To identify the device, you need to clone the mac address and then try to access the network again.

Did you reach to the website or still going through no internet problem?
    Note– Before doing the mac cloning you need to connect your pc to the Belkin wifi router via ethernet cable. do not perform mac cloning via wifi connection. otherwise, your router will not work.

James L. Hammer
    Participant

I think you should directly go ahead and update the router firmware first. i had similar problem with belkin n150 wifi router. i was getting flashing amber light all time on it. that time, my friend had updated the firmware for me, after that it had started working fine for me.

so you should also try it once.

you can easily download the firmware from here.

https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=10807

Mark C. Martin
    Participant

My belkin has solid orange internet light. i tried to follow the given above. but I am not sure about how to do mac cloning on my pc.

can you please tell me more about mac cloning. so I can perform it on my pc?

admin
    Keymaster

Hello Kay N. Grijalva,

Mac cloning is basically a process the assign a mac address to the router. in this process, first of all you need to connect your router to the computer, and then follow the instructions given below.

• Open the belkin router setup page on your computer.
    • Under the internet section, you will get an option called, mac cloning. you need to click on it.
    • Now you need to hit on clone my PC’s mac address.
    • Finally, press the apply changes button, now your router will save the physical address and reboot itself. this process will take less than a minute. so you have to wait till that time. once your Belkin router will restart. you need to go ahead and reboot the router settings. i am sure your router will start working fine.

Billy E. Rael
    Participant

Check the ethernet cable first. most of the time, people are getting orange lights into their belkin router, because of punctured cable or faulty connector.

so you need to replace the ethernet cable and connect your router to the modem via another cable. let’s see if it is working fine now or not.

James L. Hammer
    Participant

I recently changed my service provider. now i am trying to setup my belkin router with the new modem. but it is not working anymore.

all time, i am getting solid red light. also i have check the connection. my modem is properly connected to the WAN port of the router.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

Let’s try to setup the belkin router with following steps:

• First of all, you should  confirm the internet settings. if you don’t know the internet connection type. you can call your isp and get the information about your connection.
    • now you need to factory restore your router, and then you need to configure your router with the settings given by your isp.

After following all these steps, i am sure your router will start giving you solid green or blue light.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Hello @judy,

Thank you for helping me. finally, my belkin router is good now. please keep helping others on this forum.

Javier Brown
    Participant

When your belkin router has yellow or red light. you should power off the modem only. do not power off the router.

wait for 10 seconds and then power up your modem.

now again wait for 1 minute. you will start getting solid blue or green light on your router. it’s that easy.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Javier Brown.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Javier Brown.

Johnny L. Gruber
    Participant

My belkin router is frequently loosing the connection from my router. it get disconnects from 2 minutes and comes back automatically,

this process for 10 or more times in a day. sometimes, it does not comes back automatically, in that case, i have to restart my modem.

right after that if comes back. now i am totally confused what can be the reason behind this problem and how can solve this problem.

thanks

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

Hello johnny,

being a router technician, i see so many similar cases every day.

according to me, most of the time, people face get belkin router blinking orange light problem, if they are using an old belkin router.

let me tell you why?

when people setup there router in the network. they forget to care about it or updating the router firmware and other settings.

we all know about the progress of technology. it is enhancing day by day.  so when you do not update the router for a long time. it get outdated.

so i will suggest you to go ahead and try to update the router settings first .

also, if it is still not working, you need to go ahead and reset the router and reconfigure it.

to reset the router, you need to follow the instructions given below.

• take a pin or pen.
    • look at the back or bottom of your router, you will find the red color button. you need to press and hold it for 20 seconds with the help of pin or pen.
    • once you will release the router button, you need to go ahead and power cycle your belkin wireless router for once, and then setup it again.

Ben Cuttings
    Participant

If in your Belkin router orange and blue light are blinking and it is not giving you a proper internet connection then you need to factory reset your router so that it may work properly. You may also use Linksys router to enjoy the high-speed internet and if cannot reset its password then you need to visit this link How To Change Password On Linksys Router to know you can change your Linksys router password.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.