Why is AOL desktop application not responding in the windows or mac pc? Each and every time, I try to open it on my computer. It shows me AOL desktop gold stopped working error message.
What should I do to get this problem resolved easily?
Whenever your aol desktop stopped working on your computer or desktop. I would recommend you to restart the application once from the task manager.
It still couldn’t work, you should restart your pc, and then reopen the application. I am sure it will open up on your computer.
AOL desktop not responding –
AOL desktop is not responding issue can be one of the most common issues for the internet.
Quit The Program From Task Manager-
Whenever you see the stopped working or not responding message, while you open up the aol desktop program.
You should quit the program and restart it.
For windows users-
- Press CTRL + ALT + Delete button all together.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Now select your AOL desktop application, and click on end program.
- Now you will see a pop window, here you need to click on the end program.
Once your AOL desktop program will disappear from the process tab, you need to reopen it.
For Mac Users-
If you are using a Mac computer, you need to follow the instructions given below to quit the program.
- Right-click on the AOL desktop icon, available in the task manager.
- Click on force quit.
Your Device Is Not Compatible With The Program –
Have you checked the device compatibility for your AOL desktop application? Is your device compatible with it or not?
Because, If you are using an older computer. Which has lesser hardware than required by the aol desktop application requirement? It can be a major reason behind it.
In such a case, you have to upgrade the device hardware, then only you will be able to run the program on your device.
Otherwise, you will keep getting the AOL desktop not responding error message on your computer.
To install the AOL desktop software on your computer, you must have at least:
- 266MHZ processor or faster than it.
- 1 GB primary memory (RAM)
- 512 free storage on the secondary drive (hard drive).
- Windows 7 or mac osx 10.0.0
Remove The Virus From Your Computer-
If your computer has a good amount of hardware, but still running lethargic. Also, it
Shows the AOL desktop stopped working error message when you try to open it.
In such a case, you should scan your computer with the hitman pro and malware bytes anti-malware.
There might be a presence of the virus, that’s why your computer is not responding.
Once you will scan your computer. You should open the AOL desktop gold program again. I am sure this will start working fine this time.
Reinstall The Program-
If you have already tried the above instructions but still AOL desktop is not responding. In such a case, you need to uninstall the program and reinstall it again.
To do so, you may follow the steps available below:
For Windows Users :
Go to the program and files >> select AOL desktop application >> press uninstall button.
For mac users:
Select your AOL application >> to push it to the trash folder.
Once you will uninstall the program completely, you need to go back to the AOL desktop gold website and download the latest setup and install it.
After following all these instructions, you will be able to fix the aol desktop not responding problem. In case, if you need more help. Let us know.
Sometimes, you may have AOL desktop gold stopped working issue on your computer, due to the firewall issue.
If your firewall is blocking this program, you won’t be able to access it anymore. In such a case, you need to allow access for this program, then only it will open up on your pc.
- Go to the firewall settings.
- Click on allow applications,
- Select your AOL desktop application and click on allow application.
Once you will complete this process, you need to reopen the AOL desktop gold application. You will not have a desktop stopped working error message anymore.
If you get the AOL desktop gold stopped working error message during the installation process.
It could be due to the corrupted setup. So you should consider downloading a new setup and begin the setup process with it. Let’s see how does it work?
I think it will solve the AOL desktop setup not responding issue.
Sometimes, you may get the AOL desktop not responding error message due to network issues. When your network does not respond properly.
In such a case, you should check the DNS server details first. Try to replace your DNS address with google’s address like- 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
Now restart your laptop or computer once.
Now see the effects.
It is very disturbing to face an issue with the AOL Desktop Gold application. You can fix this Aol desktop gold crashing issue by reading the below steps.
- You may face the issue with Aol Dekstop Gold if your computer system is old and not capable of handling applications. Further, you will start facing this issue after the installation during the first use.
- Try to clear all background running apps or restart your system. Background running apps engage lots of memory and other relevant application and cause freezing Aol Desktop Gold.
- Still facing the issue, try to update the AOL gold software manually. Go to help in the Aol desktop gold application and click on ‘Check for updates.’
- The last step if the problem still exists you can do is reinstall AOL desktop software because it may be occurring due to corrupted or lost files.
- Also, make sure that there must be no malware present in your system. You should always use proper computer protection.
If your AOL desktop gold is not responding then restore your Pc. Follow this step to restore your computer:
- Close all the program running on your computer.
- Go to start menu search and type restore.
- Select system restores and chooses the restore point where the last AOL was working.
- The computer will start restoring itself and it will take a few minutes.
- During the restoring process, it may restart several times.
- Once you will get the message ‘System has restored’, attempt to login to the AOL email account.
If you are still facing a problem then uninstall the desktop gold then reinstall the new version desktop gold on your computer.