Why is AOL mail on iPhone XR not working? Each time I try to open the AOL mail application, it says sorry! We can’t sync to the server.
Please assist me in fixing this issue?
According to the error message, It seems like, your phone is unable to connect to the aol mail server.
That’s why AOL mail on iPhone not working.
So here is the solution to this problem:
meanwhile, If you are unable to get new emails on your AOL account, while you can sign in successfully. you should view: why is my AOL mail not receiving emails on iPhone?
Check The Internet Data-
First of all, you should check the mobile data or wifi connection. Please ensure that it is connected to the WAN (internet) network.
To ensure the mobile data settings, you may follow the steps given below.
- Tap on the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Click on the cellular data.
- Make sure it is enabled.
If you use the wifi functions, you need to ensure that it is enabled as well.
Update The AOL Password-
did you make any changes to the AOL mail password? If yes! you must have to update this password on your iPhone as well.
Because your iPhone won’t be able to sync to the AOL account using the old password.
Also, you may face, AOL mail on iPhone not working, if you don’t configure your account using the valid password.
So If you don’t remember the password, you may go ahead and reset the AOL mail password and then update it on your iPhone.
To update the password, you may follow the instructions given below.
- Go back to the settings again.
- Tap on the mail option (in the older version, you will get mail, contacts, and calendars ).
- Select the accounts and tap on your AOL mail account.
- In the password tab, type your new AOL password again and click done.
After updating the password, you should open the mail app again. Now see if you can access the AOL email account or not?
Remove And Re-Add The Mail Account-
If you have already tried the above instructions but still AOL mail not working on the iPhone. I will advise you to remove the account from your phone and add it using the steps given below.
- Go back to the settings >> mail >> accounts on your iPhone.
- tap on your AOL address
- Click on the delete account.
- Now tap on, ok.
After deleting your account from the iPhone, you should reboot it once. Now follow the procedure given below.
- Go back to the settings >> mail >> accounts.
- Click on add account.
- Now select the AOL as your email service provider.
- Type your email address, name, and password. Now click next.
- Select the services you want to use like- mail, contacts, calendar, etc. and tap on ok.
Finally, your account will be successfully add into the phone.
Update The Mail App-
when you open the mail app and getting AOL mail stopped working error message on the iPhone.
you should check for the update. Most of the time, there is an update required for the app.
That’s why you AOL mail on the iPhone not working.
To update the mail app, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the app store.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Select the app, which needs to be updated.
So these are the instructions about how to fix AOL stopped working on the iPhone problem.
You may also visit:
Let’s install the aol official mail app on your iPhone, and configure your account it.
you can find the app from the app store, download it and install it.
Once you install it and follow the steps given below.
- Open the AOL mail app.
- Tap on the email app.
- Put your AOL username and password.
- Click on next.