Sound not working on a Lenovo laptop is one of the most common issues that users can get at any point in time.
Generally, People who use windows 10 into their laptop, they complain about audio issue quite often. This problem occurs due to several reasons.
- Speakers are not plugged-in correctly.
- Audio settings are incorrect.
- The sound is muted.
- An update required.
These are the primary causes for Lenovo laptop sound not working issue, Now let’s go ahead and fix this trouble.
How To Fix Lenovo Laptop Sound Problem?
Step 1- Verify that the audio is not muted
So many times, people get an audio problem on their Lenovo laptop due to the mute issue. They mute the sound by mistake and forget to unmute it.
So you need to ensure that you are not repeating the same mistake.
If you see the cross or mute icon over the sound icon in the taskbar, you should unmute the sound using the steps given below.
- Click on the audio icon to unmute the sound
- Press the sound button on your keyboard to unmute the sound (generally it is f1 or f2 on the Lenovo laptop)
Step 2- Boost the volume
Let’s raise the volume, and then play something on your Lenovo laptop, let’s see do you hear the sound on your Lenovo laptop or not.
- Hit the sound icon available in the taskbar on Windows 10.
- Move the volume handle right to make the raise the volume.
Step 3- Let’s Plug-in the secondary (external) speaker
If you can have ‘Lenovo laptop sound not working’ problem due to the internal speaker’s issue.
To identify the problem, you should connect the external speaker or headphone to your laptop.
Now play something, let’s see can you hear something now or not?
If you can listen to the sound from your computer, it means there is an issue with the internal speakers.
Maybe the speakers are not correctly connected, or the driver is not responding.
Step 4- Choose your speakers as the default playback
Let’s ensure that you have chosen your speakers as default playback.
- Press Windows + R key mutually to launch the run box.
- Type Control in the box, and hit the ok key.
- Scroll down and choose the sound option from the control panel.
- Now Select your default playback, and click on set as default.
- Finally, press the ok button.
Once you select your default play speaker, you should play something again.
Step 5- Disable the audio enhancement
Sometimes, you can have a Sound problem on Lenovo laptop due to the audio enhancement issue.
You should disable all kinds of enhancements on your computer, and then test the sound.
For disabling the enhancement, you can use these steps.
- Let’s jump into the sound option again using the above instructions.
- Select your playback speaker, and Hit the properties button.
- Choose the audio enhancement tab.
- Put a checkmark on disable, and press the ok key.
Step 6- Update the sound driver
Let’s check for a recent update for an audio driver? So many times, people fall into the audio problem on their Lenovo laptop due to the server issue.
If there is any update pending, or you have not updated the sound driver for a long time. You should update it using these steps.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the run box.
- Please enter devmgmt.msc in the box, and hit the next button.
- Let’s right-click on the sound driver, and push the update button.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver option.
Now wait until the computer download and install the update.
Note- While, you are performing these actions, your laptop should be connected to the wifi.
Step 7- Remove the duplicate driver
so many times, you can have Lenovo laptop sound, not a working problem due to the duplicate driver.
When you have multiple drivers into your Lenovo laptop, they might conflict with each other.
Due to which, you may have an audio problem on Lenovo laptop.
- Let’s initiate the device manager window, (Run >> devmgmt.msc >> sound, video & game controller).
- Right-click on the sound driver and hit the uninstall button.
- Put a checkmark on delete driver, and press the ok button.
- Now perform the same steps on other audio drivers as well.
You should remove all audio drivers from your Lenovo laptop, and then reboot your computer.
Once you reboot the computer, it will automatically find the best driver for itself.
Step 8- Restart the audio service
So many times, we have seen people dealing with Lenovo laptop sound, not working problem due to the audio service.
When the audio service is not responding, You may not get the audio as an output.
In this case, you should restart the sound services using these steps.
- Let’s open the run box using the Windows + R key.
- Please type services.msc and press ok.
- Click on windows audio and press the reboot (restart) button.
Step 9- Uninstall the sound driver
If you are still having a sound problem on your Lenovo laptop, you should uninstall the audio driver from your computer.
- Open the device manager again ( Run >> Type devmgmt.msc >> press ok)
- Right-click on your sound driver and press the uninstall button.
- Put a checkmark on delete driver, and hit the ok key.
After removing the driver, you should restart your laptop once, then go to the Lenovo website.
Now download a new driver, and install it into your computer.
Step 10- Factory restore the computer
If you have already tried the above steps, but still sound not working on Lenovo laptop.
You should perform the factory restore on your laptop.
Just restore it to the backdate, When you were getting the audio.
- The type of system restores in the search box.
- Press the system restore option, and choose the restore point.
- Finally, press the restore option.
So these are the options to fix the audio problem on Lenovo laptop. If you have any other issues, you can let us know via comment.
Steps 11- Re-Soldering The Internal Speaker
Broken internal speaker wire can cause no audio from Lenovo laptop. In this open the laptop and reconnect the connecting wire by using a soldering tool.
- Safely open all the screws of the laptop and remove the back panel.
- Use a spudger and unlock the front speaker cover.
- Now, find the broken wire of the speaker and apply soldering paste on it.
- Put the wire on the speaker connecting point and solder it.
Some faqs By Lenovo Users
Startup Sound Not Working On Lenovo Laptop On Windows 10?
You might not have enabled the boot sound on your computer, that’s why you are not getting the sound while booting up your computer.
To do that, you can follow these steps,
- Go to the sound option, and press the sound tab from the menu.
- Put a checkmark on the play startup sound option and press ok.
No Audio From Youtube On Lenovo Laptop, While VLC Is Audible?
It seems like you have muted the sound for your browser or youtube app. that’s why you are not getting the sound.
So you should unmute the sound using the sound mixer option,
- Right-click on the sound icon and click on the sound mixer.
- If you see the audio is muted for your browser or youtube app, you should unmute it.