Receiving a completely blank page with the error message says, “waiting for available socket” on Google chrome may arise due to a mismatch of date and time. It is possible your Gmail won’t load and shows a flush socket error.
Whenever your laptop or desktop date or time is not matching with the current timezone, every website shows the error. Connect your laptop on the internet and click on update date and time from taskbar clock settings. It may resolve to display waiting for available socket errors on the screen.
This error also happens due to several causes:
- Delay in data transfer.
- Cookies are blocking or loading old elements.
- Network DNS related issues.
- The socket pool is breaking the connection.
Now you must be wondering about how do you get rid off waiting for the available socket error on chrome resolved.
How To Troubleshoot Chrome Waiting For Available Socket Error?
Well, don’t worry. Here in this article, I am sharing the tricks and techniques to solve the problem. You can follow these articles to fix the problem.
Open the same URL in private mode-
Before we can go ahead and troubleshoot the issue, let’s open the same URL on the private (incognito) window.
Let’s see does it open there or still gives you the same error code.
To open the incognito window, you can use these steps.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Press the CTRL + SHIFT + N buttons on your keyboard.
- Now enter your URL in the address bar and press the enter button.
Delete the cookies on your chrome-
- Let’s launch the google chrome browser and press the CTRL + H key to open the history window.
- Now hit the clear browsing data from the top menu.
- Select the time range ‘all-time‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Check all boxes, which are available there (browsing history, cookies, and cache data), and then click on the advanced tab,
- scroll down and select hosted app data.
- Now press the clear data button, and wait until the chrome finishes the cleaning task.
- Once chrome completes the job, you should reload your website, let’s see do you still get the waiting for available socket error on chrome?
Flush Pool Socket-
sometimes, you may get the chrome waiting for available socket error due to the socket pool error.
When pools are not responding correctly, you will not be able to load the page correctly. In such a case, you should flush the pool services.
- Launch the Chrome web browser.
- Please enter chrome://net-internals/#sockets in the address box, and press the enter key.
- Now you need to press the flush socket pool option.
After removing the sockets, you can reload the web page again.
Flush DNS –
Let’s flush the DNS, and then try to load your web page again. Let’s see what does it say now.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Now type ‘chrome://net-internals/#dns’ on the address bar and hit enter. You may also open this page directly by the link- chrome://net-internals/#dns.
- The old link, which was used to open – ‘chrome://net-internals’ now has changed into ‘chrome://net-internals/#dns.
- From the top left menu, select ‘Sockets‘ and then click on Flush socket pools.
- When you do click on “Flush socket pools,” it will remove dead open sockets and remove waiting for available socket or flush pool socket error.
Update the Chrome browser to avoid ‘waiting for available socket error’–
Google believes in privacy and security; that’s why they keep sending the security patches to update within the gap of a few days.
It will make the browser more secure and keep you away from the fishing activity.
But if you don’t update the browser very often, it may get outdated soon, and won’t be able to load the secure websites.
As a result, you will get waiting for available socket error.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on three vertical dots from the top right corner and go to help.
- Click on the option ‘About Google Chrome.’
- Once you do click on it, a new page would open and start checking updates automatically.
- If any new update is available, it will ask you to update your browser, allow updating your Google Chrome.
- Sometimes Google Chrome updates itself without asking permission. It depends upon the type of updates available.
- Now, try to open your website and still facing the difficulty go for next.
Third-party security apps may block secure elements-
Sometimes, antivirus or other third-party apps like- VPN or proxy app, may generate the waiting for the available socket on chrome.
If the website you are opening does not follow the guidelines given by the World Wide Web(W3C) or it finds any suspicious codes on the site.
It will block the secure connection instantly.
In such a case, you have to allow the specific URL in the security app.
Then only your browser will be able to load the web page, To do that, you need to copy certain moves.
- Let’s launch your antivirus or security program and go to the settings.
- Click on add a URL or unblock the URL option.
- Please enter your URL on which you are getting waiting for an available socket error.
- Now press the ok or submit button.
Finally, reopen the chrome browser and try to access the website.
Restore The Chrome Browser-
If you used the following steps, but still getting the chrome waiting for an available socket.
You should factory reset the web browser using these steps.
- Let’s launch the google chrome.
- Please type chrome://settings/ in the top address bar and press the enter key.
- Hit the advanced option from the left menu.
- Pick the reset and clean up the option.
- Finally, press the restore settings to the default.
After resetting your web browser, you need to reload the page, let’s see if it still gives you waiting for available socket error on chrome or not?
Install the new browser to avoid ‘waiting for flush socket error’-
After using the above guide, if you still can’t fix the socket error on chrome. You can remove the google chrome browser from your pc.
Now reboot your computer once, and then visit the chrome official website.
Download the new setup from there and install it into your device.
So these are the common tricks to fix socket error on chrome. If you have any other issues with your chrome browser, please let us understand. We will serve you in fixing the error.