The invention of wifi technology has proved to be a real boon for the modern era. Through this technology, not only have we saved ourselves from the hassle of heavy wiring, but we have also saved a lot of time and money. Perhaps this is the reason that nowadays all the devices have wifi feature.
Today’s modern printers also have a wifi feature, through which you can connect your printer to wifi and place it in any corner and print from any device connected in that network, without the printer and that device Make physical connections between
By the way, it is very easy to connect brother printer with wifi, you can easily connect any brother printer with wifi. But for those who have just bought brother printer and they have never used any other printer, then there may be some difficulty in setting up this printer with wifi.
But don’t worry about it even for a moment, I am ready to help you here, you will be able to connect your printer to wifi network with the help of the guide given below.
There are 3 ways to setup a printer with WiFi, you can connect your printer to WiFi by using any one of them.
- Place your printer with in the wifi range, keep it nearby router if possible.
- Connect your printer via push botton method.
- Use pin method to join the network.
- Use the wireless password to join the network.
Here I am going to tell you about all the methods in this article, you can choose any of them, whichever you find easier.
How do I connect my brother printer to the wifi-
Use push button method–
The wps push button method is an extremely easy way to connect any device to a wireless network. In this method you do not need a password or PIN. All you need to do is to press the wps button in your router and printer, after that the router finds and connects your device to itself.
In order to connect to wifi with this method, it is very important to have WPS feature in your router, sorry if this feature is not available in your router, you can leave this method now and use the password method given below Connect your device to WiFi.
- First of all press the wps button in your router. You will find it behind or below the router, it depends on the brand and model of your router.
- Now press the Wi-Fi button given in your printer for 5 seconds, as soon as the Wi-Fi light starts blinking green, you have to release the button.
Now wait for 2 minutes, your printer and router will find and connect to each other automatically.
As soon as your printer is connected to the wifi network you will get solid green wifi light.
Use pin button method to join the wifi network –
If your brother printer is unable to join the wireless network via the WPS push button, you can use the PIN method. In this method, you have to use PIN instead of WPS button. Which you find in the back of the router. Through which you can connect your brother machine to the wireless network.
- Firstly, keep your printer within the good wifi range.
- Power on your printer and wait until the proper boot occurs.
- Press the menu button and go through the up and down arrow to the network and press the OK button.
- Now select the Wlan option through the up and down arrow and press the OK button.
- Select the WPS PIN method.
- Now your machine will ask you wps pin, you have to type it. You can easily find the WPS PIN on your router.
- Now press the OK button.
Eventually your printer will start looking into the network to join the router. This process can take approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Till then you do not have to make any further changes. Leave them as they are.
Join the wifi network on brother printer using wifi password-
If you are unable to connect your brother printer to wifi network via WPS, do not be disappointed, we can connect our printer through password.
For this medium you will need a wifi password. If you already know it then it is good but if you do not know it, then you can know it through the router admin panel. Apart from this, you can also know Windows password through Windows. you may also visit: why is brother printer not connecting to wifi network.
For window 7 or 8.1 –
- Power on your computer
- Click on the presence network icon in the taskbar and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on the Manage Wireless Network option which is present in the left menu.
- Right click on your network name and select Properties option.
- Here you will see a tab named Securities, you have to click on it.
- Now you will be able to see your password. If you are unable to see, then click on show charactors, you will see your password.
For windows 10 –
- Go to Settings first.
- Now select your Network and Internet Settings option.
- Go below and click on Network and Sharing Center option.
- Within the connections, you click on your wifi name, and press the Wireless Properties button.
- Now click on the Security tab and tick the show characters option.
Now you will be able to see your password. Write this wireless password on a piece of paper.
Methods to connect brother printer to wifi –
So now you have your password, now you can use this guide to connect your brother printer to WiFi.
- First of all you have to restart your printer, and wait until your printer shows the home screen or ready screen.
- Now press the menu button and go to the network option through the arrow. Then press the OK button.
- Select the WLAN option and press the OK button.
- Click on the setup wizard and press the sub arrow or + button to do wifi on.
- Now your printer will start searching the networks, when it shows you a list of available networks, then you have to select your network name and then press the OK button.
- Now type your wifi password and click on the OK button.
As a result, your printer will be connected to WiFi, now you can install your brother printer and print the pages you want.
Connect your brother printer to the network using driver-
Some brother printer models doesn’t have a screen or control panel on it. so you must be wondering how do you connect those types of machines to the wifi network. Well they can easily join the network with the help of printer driver. You need a printer USB cable and driver setup to connect through it. Generally, both things come with the printer. But if you do not have a brother printer’s driver available, then you can easily download and install it through the official website.
- Run the printer driver on the computer.
- Now execute the license and click on the Next button till you reach the Connection Type window.
- Here you have to select the wireless network connection then press the Next button.
- Now select brother peer to peer network.
- Select the Change Firewall Settings option and press the Next button.
- connect your brother machine to the computer via USB cable and select the yes I have a usb cable for connection option. Press the next button then.
- Now select your SSID from the list and push the next button.
- Here, you will see a confirmation message, you need to select your network and press the next button.
- Finally, your computer will transfer the network details into your printer and your machine will get itself connected to the Wi-Fi through that information.
I hope that with the help of the steps given above, you will have connected your brother machine to Wi-Fi. If your printer is connected to Wi-Fi but still the error message of brother printer says offline is coming on the screen of the computer, then you can restart your printer, computer and router once and then give the print command again.
Some frequent questions asked by brother machine users-
How do you connect brother hl-l2340dw printer to the wifi?
You can connect it to the wireless network using any method given above. For a convenient way, you can use the network security key aka wifi password for connection. it will be easy for you.
- Go to the WLAN settings on brother machine.
- Click on the setup wizard and press ok.
- Select your SSID and press ok again.
- Now enter your password using the + or – key.
- Now press the ok key.
Finally, it will start showing the connecting network message and once it will connect to the wifi, you will be return to the setup wizard again.
How can I connect brother printer to the Iphone?
First of all, you need to connect brother printer and iPhone to the same wireless network. Now download the brother iprint & Scan app from app store and install it on your pc.
Now you can print anything from your iPhone using this app.