A laptop slow performance issue has always been a trending issue. Every day, more than a hundred users coming across the world, and looking for the solution to speed up their laptop. The same case happens with the Asus users as well. Almost 6 out of 10 users are reporting for Asus laptop running slow problem.
Each time they try to load some program, it starts showing not responding error, and sometimes it sucks on the same display.
Why is the Asus laptop running slow?
- Files are not organized.
- The drive needs to be clean up.
- Low hardware configuration.
- Boot up manager is filled with unnecessary programs.
- Virus or malware issue.
Easy guide to speed up Asus laptop windows 10?
Here are the useful steps to speed up your windows 10 Asus laptop. You can use them to get your Asus laptop running slow problem resolved.
Clean the prefetch files-
- Let’s initiate the run box by pressing the Windows + R key.
- Please type Prefetch into the box and press the ok button.
- Press CTRL + A to select all files, and then press the delete button.
- Now you will see a confirmation pop up window, click on yes.
Run drive cleaner-
After deleting the prefetch files, you should run a drive cleaner program into your computer. To do so, you can make these actions.
- Let’s start the run box again (using the Windows + R Key on your keyboard)
- Please enter the cleanmgr into the box and press the ok button.
- Select the C:// drive and press the ok button again.
- Now your computer will start scanning for memory errors and dump files; It may take some time. So wait till that time.
- Here, you will able to see the list of folders that needs to be cleaned; you need to put a checkmark on all of them and click on the ok button.
- Finally, you will see a popup window, click on delete files.
Now it will begin deleting the files; This process may take some time. So you need to wait until it removes all data.
Run system file scan-
Sometimes, you might deal with running slow issue on your Asus laptop due to the system files or bad sectors.
When your system files are not correctly organized, or there are some bad sectors in the hard drive.
You have to deal with the slow performance issue. In such a case, here, I am sharing the steps to scan your windows files.
- Begin the command prompt in the admin mode (start >> type cmd >> right click on command prompt >> click run as adminstrator).
- Please insert the sfc /scannow in the command prompt and push the enter key on your keyboard.
- Now your windows 10 will start scanning the system files, It may take several minutes, so you need to wait till that time.
- Once windows complete the system scan, you need to restart your computer.
Scan your computer to remove the virus-
Viruses & malware are the most common reason for Asus laptop running slow problem on windows 10.
If your laptop is infected with malware or any other virus, it will start performing slow. In such a case, you should follow these steps to fix the problem.
In such a case, you should scan your pc with a good antivirus. So it can remove all viruses from your computer and boost up the speed.
As per my suggestion, you should scan with two antiviruses. Firstly, you should install malware bytes antimalware, and run a scan.
Once the scan completes, you should install hitman pro, and run it.
This combo will make your computer virus-free, and it will work better in your network.
Remove the undesired programs-
If you have installed too many programs int your Asus laptop, this could be another reason for slow performance issues.
That’s all because each program consumes little space and memory. So you should uninstall all applications that are useless for you.
After removing the software, you have to reboot your pc once.
To uninstall the program, you can follow these actions:
- Open the program and features window.
- Select your application, and click on uninstall
Now follow the steps to remove the program.
The hard drive is full-
If your Asus laptop running slow and giving you disk is full error. It means you need to clean up the drive. There is no space on your disk drive.
In this case, you can extend the drive space if you have any free space. Otherwise, you have to take a back up of your data on a secondary drive and delete all data to make it free.
Remove the programs from startup manager-
If your Asus laptop is booting slow, it can be due to the lots of applications running in the task manager.
To remove the programs from the task manager, you can follow these steps.
- Let’s begin the run box again.
- Type MSConfig and push the ok button.
- Click on the startup tab.
- Uncheck all programs, which doesn’t need to be load while booting
- Now click on the apply and Ok key.
Update the windows-
Microsoft releases so many updates every year. Some people find it irritating that’s why they disable the windows update.
But keep in mind, If you do not update your OS correctly, it will start getting outdated. As a result, you will begin having a slow performance issue on windows 10 pc.
So you should keep your windows up to date.
Clean the processor fan and heatsink-
So many times, people have to suffer from running slow problem on Asus laptop due to the dust.
When your processor fan or heatsink is filled up with the dust, It will cool down the processor. Due to which, you will face the Asus laptop running issue.
So you should clean it properly.
Upgrade the hardware –
If you have an old Asus laptop with a low hardware configuration, it can be another reason for running a slow problem. In such a case, you should upgrade the hardware of your computer.
As per today’s requirement, you must have at least 4 GB RAM with intel core i3 processor.
Then only it will work faster.
Reinstall the OS-
After following the above instructions, if your Asus laptop is still running too slow, you need to format your computer and install a new OS into your computer.
Note- Keep in mind, while you will format the pc; it may lose all software as well as drivers. So, you should take a backup of them.
So this is the complete guide to fix Asus laptop running slow windows 10 problem. If you have any suggestions or doubts related to the Asus laptop, please let us know via comment.