When you try to play some music or video on your Asus laptop, but don’t get sound as an output.
It can be a little hard to fix the audio problem. That’s all because most of the users are not a tech-friendly person.
But It doesn’t matter anymore because this is the complete guide to troubleshoot the sound not working on an Asus laptop.
You can use this article to fix the sound problem on an Asus laptop.
If we talk about common reasons for the audio issue, then it happens due to the following reasons.
- Sound is muted.
- Speaker or hardware issue.
- Audio settings issue.
How to Fix sound not working issue on Asus laptop?
Check the mute functionality-
If you are using the windows 8 or windows 10 in your Asus laptop, you should check the mute feature first.
Most of the time, people don’t get sound due to the mute function.
So if you see the red cross on your sound icon, you should unmute the sound by press the mute or unmute button on your laptop.
Note- Generally, people get the sound button on f1 or f2, but It may be different depending on your laptop model.
Raise the soundbar-
Sometimes, you might not be able to hear the sound due to the low volume.
So you should increase the volume while playing the audio or video file. For expanding the sound, you can follow these steps.
- Press the sound icon accessible through the taskbar.
- Now maximize the sound, 0% is the least, and 100% is the highest.
Restart the laptop-
When you are suffering from sound not working problem on an Asus laptop. You should reboot the pc once, and then rerun a video or audio file.
Note- by rebooting means, you should press the reboot button on your laptop. Do not shutdown & power on.
Plugin the speaker or headphone-
If you have a headphone or external speaker, you should plug into your Asus laptop. Now play something. Let’s see if you can hear sound from your laptop pc or not?
If you can hear the sound, It means there might be some issues with your internal speaker or settings.
We will handle it later in this blog.
But If you even can’t get the sound from the headphone, it means there is an issue with the sound card or driver.
Set your speakers as default speakers-
so many times, Users are suffering from Asus laptop sound not working issue due to the settings.
They have not setup their speakers as a default speaker.
To ensure that you are not making the same mistake, you can use these tips.
- Let’s initiate the control panel.
- Click on the sound option.
- Now pick your speaker from the list and press the set default button accessible at the bottom.
- Finally, press the ok button.
Increase the volume levels-
While you select the default speaker, you should never forget to increase the volume from the sound level section.
To do that, you need to process these steps.
- Go back to the sound option on the control panel.
- Pick your speaker and press the properties option.
- Now select levels from the top menu and increase the volume.
- Push the ok button now.
Disable Audio Enhancement settings-
When you enable the audio enhancement, it will boost the audio frequency. If you are using an old laptop. Its speaker might not be able to handle that frequency.
That can cause the Asus laptop audio not working issue. So you should untick the audio enhancement.
- Go back to the sound settings on the control panel.
- Pick the sound and bang on properties.
- Tap the enhancement section from the top menu.
- Put a checkmark on the disable all enhancement box available on the left side.
- Finally, press the ok button.
Restart windows audio service-
When audio services are not responding, It will cause the audio trouble.
In such a case, you should reboot the windows services and then play something on youtube or player again.
- Let’s initiate the run box, type services.msc and press the ok button then.
- Scroll down and select windows audio.
- Press the restart option available on the left side.
Run windows troubleshooter program-
If you can’t find the root cause for Asus laptop sound not working yet. You may run the windows troubleshooter program.
This App will automatically detect the issue and resolve it.
To run the windows troubleshooter, you can follow these instructions.
- Let’s initiate the control panel.
- Press on troubleshooting from the list.
- Choose a sound and hardware option.
- Now click on playing audio.
- Now you will able to see a troubleshooting wizard, press next.
Finally, you need to need to follow the steps, whatever it recommends you do.
Remove duplicate drivers-
If you have more than one audio driver, they might conflict with each other. Especially happens with windows ten or windows 8 laptop.
That can cause the no sound problem on Asus laptop.
In such a case, you need to delete all sound drivers from your laptop using performing these actions.
- Open the device manager [ run >> devmgmt.msc >> hit the ok button]
- Now expand the sound & video section.
- Select your audio driver one by one, and click on uninstall.
Once you remove the audio driver from your Asus laptop, you need to restart your computer.
After rebooting your computer, it will automatically find the best driver for you.
Update the audio driver-
Sometimes, you can have no sound problem on your Asus laptop due to the outdated driver.
If you don’t update it regularly, It may interrupt the audio services.
So you should keep updating the audio driver by using the details given below.
- Let’s initiate the device manager window again.
- Right-click on your audio driver and choose the update driver option.
- Press the search automatically for updated drivers option.
- Finally, your computer will start looking for the recent update.
Note- while you are searching for the update, your computer should be connected to the WAN network.
Uninstall the sound driver-
Sometimes, you may have Asus laptop no sound issue due to the driver issue.
When the sound driver is corrupted, it will not be able to perform well.
In such a case, you need to remove the sound driver from your laptop.
- Initiate the control panel window again.
- Go to the sound & video drivers.
- Select your audio driver and click on uninstall.
- Put a check on delete drivers, and press ok.
After uninstalling the sound driver, you should restart your Asus computer.
Once it restarts the laptop, it will automatically find the best driver and install it back into the computer.
However, If it couldn’t find the best driver, you can visit the Asus official website and download the driver from there.
Perform factory restore-
If you have already tried the above steps but still getting the sound error. You should factory restore your Asus laptop.
- Open the command prompt and type rstrui.exe >> press the enter button now.
- Select the date when the sound was working fine on your laptop >> press the next button.
- Finally, you will see a restore option, press the system restore button to restore your computer.
Faqs By Asus users-
Asus laptop sound not working on youtube?
It looks like; you have muted the sound for your browser; that’s why you can’t hear the music from youtube.
To do this, click on sound icon >> select mixer >> unmute the sound for your browser.
Asus laptop left speaker not working?
It looks like the wire is not correctly plugged in, or your speaker is faulty.
So you should check the wire connection; first, If it still doesn’t work, you should replace the speaker.
Asus laptop no audio devices are installed?
This error message generally occurs when your computer is unable to find the audio speakers. This may be happening due to the driver settings or speaker issue.
So you should check both things.