In the current era, brother printers are generally made for giving the best printout. So, users can print good quality images or documents in fewer efforts. Although the brother machine works perfectly, sometimes users might get faded print from their brother printer.
Usually, it happens when they install a new cartridge on their printer, their brother printer will start printing a blank page or start giving a blurry image. Apart from this, they might get a faded print because of some other technical flows.
If your brother printer is also not printing clearly and giving you a faint printout. You may take these actions to fix the problem.
5 Steps to fix Brother printer faded print issue-
Step 1- Use the branded cartridge only-
So many brother users believe in refilling the ink cartridge, or they use the third-party ink cartridges. These cartridges are not good for the brother machine at all. These types of cartridges or toner are filled with low-quality ink. Due to which, brother printer starts printing faded paper.
Not only this, third party ink cartridge are not properly sealed, that’s why it might get leaked into your printer and damage the print header or other hardware.
So, whenever you need to replace the cartridge, you should order a branded cartridge only. You can quickly get brother’s original ink cartridge from brother’s official website or store.
Step 2- Disable the toner save mode-
Toner saves mode is a feature in a brother printer, which helps in saving the ink while printing if this feature will be enabled on the brother printer, your machine will always make an effort of printing a doc with less link. That will decrease print quality.
To get high-quality printing, it should always be disabled. If your brother printer prints faded page, you should disable the save toner option using the details given below.
Disable the toner save option using printer panel –
- Turn on the brother machine and push the menu button.
- Select settings from the menu with the help of up & down key, and push the ok button.
- Now press general setup option >> ecology and then select the toner save option.
- Turn off the toner save feature, if it is enabled and then press the home menu button.
Disable the toner save feature from windows 7 or other versions-
- Let’s open the printing preference tab on your pc. (control panel >> devices & hardware >> right click on the printer property >> press the printing preference).
- Press the advance tab, and untick the save toner option.
- Press the ok and apply changes button.
Disable the toner save feature on mac pc-
- Let’s open the print dialog option and select print settings.
- Expand the advance option, and click on the toner save mode.
- Untick the toner save mode and press the print option.
step 3- Adjust print density to the +6 darkest –
A print density can be one of the most common reasons for brother printer faded print issue when print density is set up on the auto-density mode or on the less than 3. It will print the faint or light text on the paper only.
If your brother printer is not printing clearly, you may change the print density by applying these methods.
- Let’s go to the printer preferences and click on the advanced tab.
- Press the other print button and select the other density option.
- Untick the print default option, and increase the density bar to the +6 (darkest).
- Finally, press the apply and ok key to save settings.
Adjust the print settings on the Mac pc-
- Let’s open any document which you want to print.
- Click on the files and print option, and press the Show details button available below.
- Select copies and pages from the preset drop-down menu and hit the print settings button.
- Now select the density adjustment option and select it towards darkest.
- Push the ok button to apply new settings.
Right after saving the settings, you may go ahead and save other settings as well.
Step 4- Clean the printer drums-
Sometimes, brother printer might not be printing clearly due to the drum issue. When the users are using the third-party cartridge, the ink might spill on the drum due to the leaking issue.
In such a case, the brother printer will start printing a black background or any other colour. Also, brother printer will produce the faded print.
In such a case, users must have to clean the print header, then only their printer will start printing clearly.
- Discard the front panel of the Brother machine.
- Remove the ink toner assembly, and pull down the green lock to unlock the toner cartridge.
- Now takeout the drum from your brother machine.
- Now clean the roller on the toner gently with the help of wet cloths.
- Use the white gear to move the toner and clean it gently.
- Now, wait until the water from the toner gets dry off.
- Once the toner dries off the water, clean the corona wire gently.
- Finally, install the ink toner back into your machine.
- Pull the green lock to lock the ink toner and press the delete button.
- Install the ink toner into your printer and lock the front panel.
Now print something, if you get the drum error on brother printer, you should reinstall it.
Step 5- Print settings report-
- Let’s jump into the settings on your brother machine and press all settings option.
- Go to the print reports with the help of up and down key, press the print settings.
- Now find the printer settings and press the ok button.
Now let’s check, if the printer is giving you faded print but better than before, you need to clean the drum again.
So, these are the manual ways to fix the brother printer faded print, if your machine is still not printing clearly, please inform us via comment, we will share some more tricks to fix the faint print issue.