- Brother printer might be getting low signals from the access point.
- The network key might be invalid.
- Brother Machine is not compatible with the current wifi profile.
- Printer firmware or router settings issue.
Is your brother printer not connecting to the wifi access point (router)? Ideally, this problem occurs when users are setting up a new printer into their wireless network; they do not enter the correct wifi key or make some mistakes during the wifi setup process.
Besides this, several other technical reasons can cause the brother printer won’t connect to the wifi problem.
But the good news is that you can quickly troubleshoot the wireless connection on the brother machine by following some basic tricks.
How do you fix the brother printer won’t connect to wifi network problem by yourself?
Whenever your brother printer can’t connect to the wireless network, start with restarting the brother machine and router. Once, you will reboot them and get a steady light on the wifi access point. Try to join the wifi network on your printer now.
Place the brother printer in wifi zone-
let’s go to the WLAN settings on your brother printer and see how many bars you see next to your wifi name?
If these signals are shorter than three strips, It means your printer is getting low signals from the wifi router; that’s why the brother printer isn’t connecting itself to the wifi network.
In this case, let’s set up your machine nearby the wifi access point and try to set up the wifi on it.
Check the login information-
If the Brother machine is obtaining excellent signal quality from the router, but it still won’t connect itself to the wireless network, you should check the login information.
Let’s assure you are entering the correct wifi password. If you doubt it, you may reset the wifi password by using the router admin panel.
Here i am giving the example of replacing the wifi key on the Belkin router.
- Let’s log in to your computer’s router admin panel (default router ip is: 192.168.2.1).
- under the wifi section, click on the security tab,
- Scroll down and Remove the current security key from the 2.4 GHz networks, now type a new network key.
- Do the same for the 5.0 GHz network, and press the apply changes button.
Reset the wLAN settings-
If the brother printer is not connecting to the wifi and showing obtaining ip address failed or other messages, you should reset the WLAN settings on your printer.
- Let’s Power on your brother printer and wait to get the home screen.
- Hit the menu button accessible on the printer panel.
- Go to the Network option using the up and down key(if you have a touch screen, tap the next button) and press the ok key.
- Click on the Reset Network option and press ok.
- Now you will see a warning message; you need to press 1 to confirm it.
Once your printer resets the network settings, you may reconnect it to the wifi again.
Connect your printer Via WPS method-
If you are having difficulty typing the password or the printer is not accepting the password, you should try the WPS push button method.
- Press and hold the wifi key on your printer for 5 seconds and release it.
- Now press the WPS key on your wifi access point (should be in the backside).
Now leave your printer free for two minutes; once your brother printer will detect the network, it will automatically connect itself and show you a solid green light.
Upgrading the software can help you in fixing the brother printer won’t connect to wifi problem-
Sometimes, the brother printer is not connecting to the wifi due to the software issue. Whenever your printer is running on the old software (firmware), it may not function properly. So it would be best if you upgraded the printer software and then re-join the network.
Change these settings on the router to fix brother printer not connecting to wifi problem-
If you have already made all changes but the Brother printer won’t connect to the wifi. You have to make these changes to the router settings.
Change the wifi encryption-
Sometimes, the brother printer doesn’t connect to the wifi using the WPA/WPA 2 encryption method. It happens when your printer is using the Atheros adapter.
So, you have to reset the security type and the wifi name. Now try to join the network on your brother printer. for example- here i am giving the steps to replace the wifi encryption type on the Belkin router-
- Go to the router admin panel again.
- Under the wireless section, click on the wifi security tab.
- Select the 64 bit WEP as your security mode.
- Please enter the new passphrase and hit the generate button next to it.
- Now do the same for the 5.0 GHz network and change the wireless network.
- Press the save key and then edit the wifi name.
Disable the broadcasting of 5.0 Network –
If you are using the Dual-band wifi router in your network, you should disable the 5.0 network and keep 2.4 GHz networks active.
- Let’s jump into the wifi settings on your router setup page again.
- Under the wireless settings, click on the wireless name.
- Uncheck the broadcast 5.0 network option.
- Now press the save button.
Change the Broadcasting channels-
After making all these changes, you should change the broadcasting signals. Select the wifi signals as 9 or 11 in the 2.4 GHz network, and then reconnect your printer to the wireless network.
- Let’s go to the wifi settings on your router setup page again.
- Select the wireless channel as 9 or 11 and push the save button.
Reset the wireless router-
After making all these changes, if your brother printer still won’t connect to the wireless network, you have to reset the wifi router and reconfigure it again.
Right after setting it up, you should retry to join the network on the brother printer.