When you try to print something through a brother printer, but it gives you not responding error.
You should take out the power wire from your printer, now wait for 3 minutes, insert the power wire in and push the power button.
Once you get the home screen on your printer, You should give a print command again. It is doesn’t print and giving you the same error message.
It may be happening due to various causes. Some of them are listed below.
- USB connection issue.
- Driver problem.
- Your Computer has a virus.
But fixing these kinds of issues is not a tough task. You can quickly troubleshoot brother printer not responding error on your windows or mac computer. Just keep yourself engaged with this article.
Troubleshoot The Brother Printer Stopped Working Problem-
Check USB Cable-
Whenever you get a not responding error on the brother printer, you should check the USB cable connection first.
So it would help if you do the following things.
- Cancel all pending print jobs.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your computer, and printer both ends.
- Connect it back now,
- Now restart your gadgets once again and try to print something.
Change The USB Cable Or Port-
When you did the following things but still getting the not responding error message. You should change the USB port on your pc. Let’s try to connect your printer through another empty USB port on your pc.
If you still get the same error message, you should replace the USB wire as well.
Update The USB Drivers can fix Brother Printer Not Responding issue-
Let’s check for USB driver updates, maybe the drivers are outdated, that’s why it is detecting the brother printer and giving you the not responding error message.
To update the USB Driver, you can use these steps.
- Execute the device manager programs.
- Right-click on the universal serial bus and choose the ‘update driver.’
- Now select the automatic update option.
Select Print Quality As A Normal-
Several times, people get ‘not responding’ errors due to print quality settings.
When you set your brother printer to the best print mode, It may take some time to give you some output.
And if you have too many files in the pending, It may drop the printing jobs.
So you should set up the print mode as a normal print, and then try to print something.
- Initiate the control panel.
- Push the devices and printers’ option available in the control panel.
- Right-click on the brother-printer symbol, and choose printer preferences.
- Push the paper/quality tab.
- From the quality settings option, choose normal and click on ok.
Uninstall The Printer-
If you have tried the above instructions but still getting the brother printer not responding error message.
I would suggest you uninstall this brother printer driver and establish a new printer driver using this guide.
- Initiate the program and features window.
- Choose your brother-printer driver and Push the uninstall button.
- Pick the yes prospect.
- Now follow the instructions to fix the uninstall the printer.
For mac users-
- Launch the printer utility program.
- Select your Brother printer and click on – icon to remove the printer.
Optimize The Computer To fix Brother Printer Not Responding-
If you have already done the troubleshooting with your printer and drivers, but still getting not responding error message on brother printer.
It may be happening because there might be some virus, or your computer is filled with lots of programs.
It would help if you optimized the computer,
- Scan your computer to remove the virus.
- Uninstall useless applications from your computer.
- Close the unnecessary running programs.
After optimizing the computer, you should connect to the brother printer again and print something.
You may also read: Brother printer not connecting to the wireless network.