Brother printers are mostly recognized as the most trustworthy printer for printing the in the correct colors. Perhaps, sometimes these might put you in a very weird situation.
In some cases, brother printer will start reverse printing automatically. This means your “brother printer will be printing black or dark background with white text on paper.”
The reverse printing issue on the brother printer is prevalent nowadays. that generally happens for few reasons.
- Printing settings have been changed.
- The driver is causing the issue.
- Wrong paper size also causes a negative printing issue sometimes.
If your brother printer is printing black background with white text, do not worry, we can help you fix that issue.
How do you fix “printing black background with white text on brother printer” ?
Enable print text in black option-
When you disable the print text in the black option, it will automatically start doing reverse printing. So you should enable it from printer preferences.
- Open the control panel by running the control command.
- Press devices & printers.
- Jump into “printer properties” (you can open it by right-clicking on the device).
- Push the advanced tab, and then hit the “print default” button from the bottom.
- Select the Advanced tab now. After that, click on the “print options” From the bottom.
- Check print text in black and press the ok button.
- Now press the apply and ok button to save these settings.
Disable the reverse printing feature-
If your brother printer is printing the documents in reverse. You should check the printer properties. You may have set an order to print the documents in the reverse format. That’s why it is doing so.
- Let’s Go to the brother printer properties again.
- Open the Advanced tab. After that, select the print default option from the bottom.
- Select the primary tab and Untick the reverse order option.
- Click on ok to save the settings.
Disable the grayscale feature-
If your brother printer is printing the documents in negative format, you may have enabled the grayscale feature.
To enable this feature on your device using the steps given below.
- Let’s open the devices & Printers window from the control panel.
- Open the “Printer preference” tab (To get this option, you need to right-click on brother printer).
- Press the advance tab and untick the Grayscale option.
- Now press the apply and ok button to save it.
Remove/Re-add the printer-
Let’s remove the current brother printer property from the windows computer and then re-add it using the new driver.
- Open the devices & printers window on the computer again.
- Right-click at the brother printer properties. After that, Hit the “remove device” option.
- Now hit the add printer button available at the top.
- Choose the Brother printer from the list.
- Now choose the driver for your brother printer, and press the next button.
Replace the current driver-
In case if your brother printer is printing blank pages or giving the text as an output. You should replace the current brother printer driver from the device.
For the easy process, you can uninstall the current from your computer and install the new driver.
- Open programs and features window by running the appwiz.cpl command.
- Pick the printer driver from the list, and press the uninstall button.
- Push the yes button to begin the uninstall process.
- Now go to the official brother website and download the new driver setup for the printer.
- Once the setup gets downloaded, you need to run it on your device.
Once you make these changes, I am sure you will get rid of the brother printer printing black background with white text. If you still can’t get rid of Printer issues. Please tell us via comment or email. We will assist you via reply or writing a new article about that issue.
You can also visit: