As we all know, Gmail is very strict about user privacy and security; they do not allow anyone to access their account without authentication.
That’s why every day, more than thousands of Gmail account users across the world, are complaining about login problems.
If you are also among them and you can’t sign in to your Gmail account. This error may become because of the following causes.
- You may not remember the correct Gmail password.
- Two-step security validation issue.
- The browser is suitable for Gmail.
- Your device is unreachable to Gmail.
- You may not have configured your account with the correct info.
Apart from these causes, there may be several other reasons for can’t log in to the Gmail account error.
Guide to troubleshoot can’t sign into Gmail account problem-
Change Gmail Password-
If you have one of the following error messages on your screen,
- Incorrect username & password.
- This password was renewed a few days ago.
Both error message shows that you are not entering the valid Gmail password, that’s why you can’t sign in to your Gmail account.
In such a case, you should reset the Gmail password, and then reaccess your mail account through a new password.
To reset the password, you can use this guide.
- Let’s open the google account recovery form.
- Please enter your Gmail address, and press the continue or next key.
- Now enter the last password through which you were accessing your Gmail account. (If you don’t remember it presses the next button)
- Choose the verification method, and verify your google account.
After verifying your account, you will reach the page where you can set up a new password for your Gmail account.
Note- If you haven’t changed the password before but getting the password was changed error. It means someone else did it; in such a case, you should also secure your Gmail account for the future.
Things you need to remember-
- As we all know, the password is case sensitive, so you need to type it in the same way as you have setup. (if there were any capital letter in the password, you need to type it as it is while logging into your account).
- If you still deal with incorrect password error after creating a new password, you should type that password on a notepad. Now copy it and paste the password on this Gmail sign-in page.
Can’t sign into Gmail account because the account has been blocked-
While you try to access the Gmail account, If you get this account has been temporarily blocked error.
this means you have violated any Gmail policy. That’s why Gmail has blocked you for a while.
In such a case, you have to wait, or you may contact the Gmail team to unblock your account.
Gmail server is down-
It does happen very rarely; Sometimes, the Gmail server may be down due to the overload or maintenance.
So when you can’t log in to your Gmail account, you should check the google server status. If it is down in your area, you should wait until it starts working fine.
Two-step Verification failing-
Sometimes, users are reporting about the Gmail sign in problem due to the two-step verification issue.
If you can’t verify the two-step security on your account due to some reasons like-
- The phone is not getting the code on text or call.
- You have Missed the enrolled phone.
You should try to verify your account using other back up security options like- secondary phone, or security questions, etc.
Right after you get into the Gmail account, you may disable the two-step security feature.
So you will not experience the Gmail login problem in the future.
Browser related issue may cause Gmail sign in problem-
If Gmail won’t load on your web browser or getting a login error, you should take the following actions into your browser.
Sweep the browsing data (cookies, history, etc.) on your browser-
Let’s trash all cookies and cache data on your browser, now reaccess your Gmail.
For Chrome browser-
- Let’s open the google chrome and type chrome://history
- Press the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Put a check on all options and push clear data.
Finally, you can restart your computer and windows data file. In case if you are facing any issues with your browser or computer file. Let us know.
For cleaning the cookies on Mozilla-
- let’s launch the firefox and click on the menu symbol.
- Choose the security & privacy option.
- Press the data& cookies sites button, now press the manage data.
- Finally, hit the remove all data option.
Just like that, you can clear the data on the safari or other browsers as well.
Update the web browser-
If you have not updated your web browser for a long time, It may cause the Gmail sign in problem.
Because, when you do not update the web browser, it might not have all required security patches or plugins.
So you may check for the browser update, If you find any update, you need to update it right now.
Manage Auto settings-
Have you checked the auto settings on your browser? If you haven’t? You should update the auto settings.
Maybe you have an old password stored on your browser? That’s why you can’t log in to the Gmail account using autofill settings.
So you should update the Gmail password on your browser autofill settings and then retry to access your email.
For example, here I am updating the autofill settings on chrome browser-
- Let’s launch the chrome and input the following address : chrome://settings.
- Press the advanced button, and hit the autofill settings option.
- Now select your Gmail address and press the password tab next to it.
- Remove your old password, and enter the new password, after that press ok.
Now let’s try to sign in to your Gmail account using autofill settings.
Check Network settings (a most common reason for can’ sign into Gmail account)-
When you can’t sign into the Gmail account or Gmail website is not loading. It may be due to network settings.
So you should change the DNS settings first using the following tricks.
For Windows users-
- Let’s launch the network & sharing center window (run >> ncpa.cpl >> press ok)
- Right-click on the network adapter( through which you are using the internet) and click on the properties.
- Select TCP/IPV4 and press the properties again.
- Click on the use of the following address radio button.
- Now type the address- 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 and press ok.
Finally, you need to reboot your computer to make changes and then try to reach to the Gmail website.
For mac users-
- Launch the Network preference window(system preference >> click on the network).
- Select the adapter and click on the advanced.
- Now press the DNS option, and press the + icon.
- Now enter your new DNS address and press ok.
Check time & date –
If you can’t sign in to your Gmail account and getting the privacy error message, you should check the time and date on your computer.
If you have the wrong time and date on your pc, it will not be able to maintain the secure connection. Due to which, you will get the sign-in problem on your Gmail account.
Troubleshoot Gmail login problem on Mail software-
If you can log in your Gmail account through a web browser but can’t log in to Gmail using email client app like- outlook, mail app, etc.
You should perform these actions.
Turn on Imap/POP settings-
Firstly, you should enable the IMAP or pop settings on your Gmail account.
- Let’s get into the settings on your Gmail account.
- Pick the forwarding & pop/IMAP tag from the settings menu.
- Enable the pop/IMAP server (whichever you want to use).
Generate app password-
If you have enabled the two-step security on your Gmail account, it won’t let you access the Gmail account using the same password.
In such a case, you have to generate an app password and try to login through it. It will empower you to obtain your Gmail account.
- Let’s get into the Gmail account settings.
- Click on the security.
- Press the app password and choose the mail app option, now press the generate button.
Now you need to type that password into your mail app. it will sync to the Gmail soon.
Disable the security programs-
Sometimes, you may have Gmail sign in problem due to the security programs.
When your security programs are blocking the connection, it will cause the Gmail login problem.
So you should disable the security programs, including firewall & antivirus. Now try to sign in to your Gmail account again.
Fix Can’t log in to Gmail account problem on iPhone-
If you can’t sign in to your Gmail account using the iPhone, you can use these steps to get your problem resolved.
Update the mail password-
First of all, you should update the Gmail password on your device, to do so, you can use these instructions.
- Let’s launch the settings on your iPhone.
- Touch the mail, contacts & calenders (or accounts & passwords) option in the settings.
- Tap on your Gmail account, and scroll down.
- Now enter the new password here and press the update or save button.
Remove and re-add the account-
If this doesn’t let you sign in to your Gmail account, you should remove the account and add it again using the following settings.
- Move back to the mail, contacts & calendars option on iPhone settings,
- Tap on your Gmail account, and press the remove or delete account option.
- Now press the yes or ok key to confirm the process.
After removing the account, you need to move back to the Gmail account and follow these steps.
- Click on the Gmail account, and press the add account button.
- Now type your email address, password, and press ok.
- Now select all required services and press the enter button.
SO this is the complete guide to fix can’t sign in to Gmail account problem, in case, if you are still dealing with any problem with your Gmail account. You can let us know via comment or email. We will assist you.