When Google has introduced Gmail in the market, there were already a few big names (such as- Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) in the market. They were leading the email service industry.
So the initial days were a little harsh for Gmail, but later, it has impressed everybody with its services. Now Gmail is one of the most significant free Email services.
This is all because of its 99.99% uptime service and security. Gmail takes care of user privacy carefully.
But Sometimes, users may report for some underlying issues. Can’t sign in to the Gmail account, one of them.
as per their observation, When they try to access their Gmail account, they get some of these error messages.
- The user account is invalid.
- The team has temporarily blocked Gmail Account.
- Gmail service is temporarily down the error.
- Can’t log in to the Gmail account using the iPhone or any other phone.
Valid Reasons For Gmail Sign-In Problems-
Generally, people deal with the sign-in problem on their Gmail account due to the following reasons.
- Username or password has been modified.
- The account has been blocked by the Gmail team.
- The browser is not compatible with loading the Mailbox.
- You are using the valid information for Gmail login on your devices.
These are a few primary reasons for Gmail sign in problems on any devices. Now it’s a time to get rid of this error, so follow the steps given below.
Easy process to solve can’t sign into Gmail account problem –
Step 1- Create a new Gmail password-
If you can’t sign in to Gmail account and receiving one of the following error messages:
- Wrong password, try again, or click forgot password.
- This password was changed a while ago.
It means you are entering the wrong email password for your Gmail account or somebody has changed it. That’s why you can’t log in to your Gmail account.
So I would suggest you change the password for your Gmail account first.
- Open the Gmail account recovery form.
- Type your username or email address and press the next button.
- Now press the forgot password button, and type your old password through which, you were able to login successfully.
- Now select an account verification method, and enter the code.
- Finally, you will get a page to create a new password; you may change your password now.
Right after you will create a new password, you may go ahead and try to reaccess your email account.
If you can sign in successfully, you may go ahead and secure your Gmail account for the future.
Step 2- Two-step security is blocking the sign-in activity-
If you can’t sign into Gmail account because of two-step security reasons like- you don’t receive the code on your phone etc., you may send the OTP on the email account.
Once you receive that code, you may put that code in the Gmail two-step security verification box. It will be good to go.
You may also disable the two-step security for the future right after logging into the account.
Step 3- Clean the browser and upgrade it-
Sometimes, you may struggle through the sign-in problems on your Gmail account due to the web browser issue.
When your browser is not compatible with the new Gmail security patches, it won’t be able to load the Gmail on your chrome or other browsers.
In such a case, you have to begin with cleaning the browser first. If it doesn’t work, then you have to reset or upgrade your browser.
- Flush the browser cookies & bookmarks and other old data.
- Upgrade the browser with the new version.
- Reset the browser if required.
Step 4- Modify the server details with the following information.
If you can’t sign into Gmail account using the Windows 10 mail app or any other third party app.
You should enable the IMAP settings on your Gmail account first using these steps.
- Let’s go to see all settings on your Gmail.
- Click the pop/IMAP settings from the top settings menu.
- Now enable the IMAP server and then press the save changes button.
Once you enable the IMAP server, you may go ahead and add your account on windows 10 mail app or whatever app you are using. Please configure your account using the following information.
Incoming server name: imap.gmail.com
SSL requirement:: yes.
Port no:: 993
Outgoing server name: smtp.gmail.com
SSL requirement:: optional
Port no:: 465 or 587
In case, if you still can’t log into your Gmail account on the mail app. you may visit: why can’t I add Gmail to windows mail app.
Step 5- Check If the Gmail server is working or not-
If you can’t log in to your Gmail account and getting service temporary down error. This may be happening because the Gmail server is down in your area.
So you should check the server status from the down detector or Gmail’s official twitter handle.
Turn off antivirus & Proxy, VPN Programs –
If you are getting the connection is not private error during the Gmail login process.
Probably, the antiviruses are blocking the connection. That’s why you can’t login to your Gmail account.
So you should turn off the antivirus, proxy and VPN programs for a while, and then re-access your account.
How Do You Fix Gmail sign in problems on iPhone?
If you have the Gmail sign in problems on your iPhone, I will recommend you to check the Gmail password first. Maybe you have not updated the new password on your Gmail account.
That’s why you can’t sign in to your Gmail account on your iPhone, but if this doesn’t work, you should remove the account from the iPhone and add it again.
- Go to the accounts & passwords settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Gmail account and press the delete button.
- Once you remove your account, you need to press the add account button.
- Now enter your email address, full name, password, and push the next button.
- Now select the services, you want to enable like- mail, contacts, calendars, etc. and press done.
Once you add your account with correct information, your iPhone will start syncing to the Gmail immediately.
So these are the tips to fix Gmail sign in problems If you are still can’t access Gmail account. Please describe your issue in the comment below, we will reply with the proper solution then.