When you get into your Gmail account and can’t see new incoming emails, It may be happening due to the following possible reasons.
- The email filter is viewing new mails as spam mails.
- You have turned on The forwarding on your account.
- The Sender is blocked on your account.
- Account settings are invalid, or the server is down.
These are the four common primary reasons for Gmail is not receiving emails problem. Now you must be doubting on how do you fix this error?
Do not worry; this is the complete guide to fix Gmail not getting emails problem.
If you follow it, I am sure you will resolve the issue by yourself.
I have divided this article into three parts.
The first one is for webmail issues, and others are for smartphones or computers. So it will be easy to take the required action for you.
Why is Gmail not receiving emails on Any devices (like- computer, phone, mail app, etc. )
Remove the filters-
When you can’t receive emails on your Gmail account, firstly, you should monitor the spam and trash folders. Can you recognize your new emails available there? If yes!
It means there is some mail filter working on your account, which is viewing all these emails as spam mails. In such a state, you should eliminate the email filter.
- Let’s access your Gmail account on a web browser (in case, if you face sign in trouble, you can visit: can’t sign into Gmail)
- Press the settings gear icon from the top right side of the inbox, and hit the settings option.
- Now hit the filters & blocked address option from the settings menu.
- Delete all kind of email filters available on the list.
After deleting the email filter, you can restore emails into the inbox, and now you will receive new emails in the inbox folder.
Unblock the email address-
If you are not receiving emails from a specific person on your Gmail account, it may be happening because of the block list.
Maybe you have blocked them, that’s why you can’t get new emails from them anymore. So you have to unblock their email account.
- Get back to the filters & blocked address tag on Gmail’s settings menu.
- If you see any email address in the block list, press the unblock button available next to it.
Disable the forwarding for your email address-
Sometimes, you may encounter the ‘Gmail not receiving emails’ problem due to the forwarding issue.
When you enable the forwarding, your incoming emails will be jumping to another account. So you should disable the email forwarding.
- Go back to Gmail settings again.
- Click on the forwarding & pop/IMAP settings tab.
- Press Disable or delete forwarding if you see (if you see forwarding enable).
Email delay due to the server issue-
Sometimes, the email may be delay due to the server issue or heavy traffic over the web.
So you should wait for 15 to 20 minutes after a sender confirms that they have sent an email to you.
Also, Sometimes you may not be receiving emails on your Gmail account due to the server glitch.
When the server is down, or it is updating. It may cause such kind of issues.
So you should verify the server status If you find the server is down in your area. You should remain till it starts acting fine.
As we all know, Gmail is offering 15 GB of free space only for its users. If you don’t manage it properly, it will get full soon. Due to which you may have Gmail not receiving emails problem.
If you see the more than 90% usage of storage, you should clean up the Gmail storage space, than only you will start receiving the emails on your Gmail account.
Fix your web browser-
Sometimes, you may not be getting new emails on your Gmail account due to the web browser issue.
When your web browser is junky or using old cookies, It may cause the Gmail not receiving emails problem.
So you should clean up your web browser appropriately.
- Clean up the cookies, cache, and other data.
- Update the java & other extensions.
- Update the web browser itself.
If it still can’t receive new emails on the Gmail account. You should completely format the web browser.
Instructions to reset the chrome browser:
- Open the google chrome and type chrome://settings, press enter.
- Now click on advanced,
- Please scroll down and click on restore settings to their original default.
Steps to reset the firefox
- open firefox and click on help from the top menu.
- Click on the troubleshooting information.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button.
Steps to reset the safari –
- Click on the Safari icon from the Dock menu.
- Now click on reset safari.
- Finally, you will see a confirmation message, click on yes.
Why is Gmail not getting new emails on outlook or another mail app, while they are available in the Gmail server?
If you can’t receive emails on Gmail using outlook or another third-party mail app, meanwhile new emails are arriving at the gmail.com website.
It shows the issues related to the configuration or mail settings.
Check account configuration-
this is the most common cause behind Gmail not receiving emails problem.
Generally, people don’t configure the account with the correct email settings. Due to that, they face the Gmail not receiving emails problem.
While you set your Gmail account, you should put these addresses as an incoming or outgoing address.
POP server details-
Server address– pop.gmail.com
Port no– 995
Imap server details-
server address- imap.gmail.com
Port no- 993
SMTP server details-
outgoing server- smtp.gmail.com
Port no– 465
Enable the pop and IMAP settings (another reason for Gmail not receiving emails)-
Before configuring your Gmail account into the outlook or any other email client software, you should enable the pop or IMAP (whichever server you are using) services on your Gmail.
- Let’s jump to Gmail settings again.
- Click on the forwarding & pop/IMAP settings.
- Press enable the pop or IMAP server and then push the save button.
Enable less secure apps-
First of all, you should ensure that you have turned on the less secure app feature on your Gmail account. Until you will not allow this feature. You won’t be able to receive new emails into your Gmail account.
- Visit the gmail.com and login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gmail profile picture, and hit the manage account
(manage your google account) option.
- Hit the security option from the left menu, and visit the manage third-party apps.
- Now you can add your mail app in the third party mail and allow it.
Update the email password –
Sometimes, You may not be getting new emails on your Gmail account due to the wrong user info.
So you should update the email password, and then try to sign in again.
Security issue & network issue-
Let’s make sure your computer is reachable to the web, and security softwares are not blocking the mail app.
Because so many times, people face Gmail not getting emails issue due to the antivirus or firewall issue.
So you should disable the antivirus and firewall, and then perform the send & receive action.
Gmail is not receiving emails on iPhone or Ipad-
If you are not receiving emails on your Gmail using the iPhone or iPad, you should use these steps.
Enable the auto-sync option –
Let’s turn on the auto-sync option on your iPhone, and then try to reaccess your email. Please check if you can get new emails on your Gmail or not?
- Let’s tap the menu icon on your phone and move to the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the mail option from the settings menu.
- Choose your email address, and turn on the sync.
Delete your Gmail account and set it again-
- Unlock the iPhone and go to the settings.
- Click on the mail, calendar, and accounts (you will see password & accounts, etc. on IOS 13) option.
- Tap on your email account.
- Now Click on remove account.
After removing the accounts, you should re-add the google account using the given instructions.
- Go back to passwords & account settings.
- Click on the add account.
- Select the google account.
- Enter your Gmail account, and password, etc. and click on next.
- Select the services you want to use and click on, ok.