There are some smart tips for troubleshooting the Gmail not receiving emails problem.
- Reset the browser cookies and reload the mail again.
- Check the internet connection.
- Enable the pop & IMAP settings.
- Disable the mail filters, forwarding, and blocked address settings.
- Update the mail application.
If you can’t resolve the problem using the smart tips, do not worry, here is a complete article about how to solve Gmail not getting emails problem.
In this guide, I have shared the troubleshooting steps for the computer, iPhone, and mail app.
You can use as per your requirement.
How To Fix Gmail Is Not Receiving Emails Problem On Web Browser?
If Gmail’s mailbox isn’t receiving emails. Don’t worry; we can get rid of not receiving mails issue easily.
Step 1- Terminate Gmail filters-
Sometimes users are not getting emails on the Gmail due to the mail filters.
If you have created a rule or filter to delete all incoming emails, you will be no more able to receive new emails into the inbox. So they all will land into the trash folder.
In such a situation, you have to remove the filter or rules created for your mailbox using this guide.
- Let’s open the Gmail account on your machine (desktop or laptop).
- Press the settings icon presented near your profile picture, and hit see all settings button.
- Push the filters and blocked the address tab from the settings menu.
- Now Pick all filters and click the delete toggle.
Once you delete the filters, you can send a test mail to yourself via another account.
Step 2- Delete the forwarding settings-
Forwarding is the well-known cause for Gmail not getting emails problem. Some users don’t know the use of it, and they enable it by mistake.
Due to which, the new emails will be transferred to the forwarding account.
So you should also ensure that you are not repeating the same mistake if the forwarding is enabled. It would help if you disabled it.
- Jump back to the Gmail settings.
- Bang on the forwarding and pop/IMAP tab from the list.
- Suppose you see any address in the forwarding list. Please delete it.
After disabling the forwarding, you will be ready to accept new emails in your mailbox.
Step 3- Check block list-
If you are not getting some emails on your Gmail account. You should monitor the block list.
Probably, you have blocked the sender. That’s why you can’t receive the emails on your account. So you need to clear their email address from the block list.
- Let’s jump back to the Gmail settings and tap on filters and blocked addresses.
- Pick the email address press the delete
Step 4- fix your browser-
If your Gmail is not getting emails on the chrome or any browser. Let’s install a new browser like- firefox or opera etc.
Now sign in to your mailbox using this browser and check if you can find your emails there or not?
If you see your emails in the mailbox now, it means, your browser needs some changes in the settings.
- Clean up your browser’s cookies, history, and cache.
- Verify if there is any update pending.
- Reset the web browser.
After making these changes, if your browser won’t let you receive new emails, you need to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of it.
How Do You Troubleshoot The Gmail Not Getting Emails Problem On iPhone?
If new emails are arriving on the computer but not on the iPhone or any other smartphone, I would recommend you to check these settings.
- Check the web connectivity.
- Enable the auto-sync option.
- Update the password or account info.
- Update the mail application.
Check the internet-
Please ensure that you have enabled the mobile data on your phone, or if you are using it on wifi. Please verify that it is connected to the wifi and reachable to the internet.
If it isn’t reachable to the internet, you have to troubleshoot the connection first.
Enable the auto-sync option-
Right after verifying the web connection, you need to check the auto-sync settings on your phone.
Maybe you have disabled the auto-sync feature. That’s why Gmail is not getting emails automatically.
You can enable the auto-sync feature by using the steps given below.
For IOS Users –
- let’s jump into the settings on your iPhone.
- Go to the accounts & passwords option and enable the fetch data option.
For Android Users-
- Let’s jump into the settings.
- Tap on the managed account or appropriate option.
- Pick your email and tap on the sync settings.
- Finally, you will see a toggle button to on and off the sync-mail. Make sure it is enabled.
Update the account-
Have you changed your Gmail password after adding it to the iPhone or Android phone?
If yes! You need to update that password, on your smartphone as well.
If you are still not getting emails on your Gmail, I would recommend you to delete the email from your phone and add it using the details given below.
For IPhone Users-
- Let’s jump into the iPhone settings and tap on the Accounts & Passwords.
- Pick your email account and press the delete account button.
- Now please press the ok button to delete the mail account.
Once you delete the mail account, you may go back to the accounts & passwords and add your account again.
- Press the add account button under the accounts & passwords option.
- Tap on Google or Gmail option from the list.
- Type your name, password, and email address.
- Finally, press the add account or next button.
For Android Users-
- Let’s jump into the settings of your phone.
- Tap on the users and accounts or similar to this option.
- Now tap on your email address and press the delete account option.
Once you delete the account, you can re-add add it by going back to the settings and pressing the add account button.
Fix Gmail Is Not Receiving Emails Problem On Outlook/ Windows Mail Or Other Application-
If you are unable to receive the emails on the outlook/windows mail or other application.
First of all, you need to review the server information; please make sure that your information matches to the following details.
IMAP server- imap.gmail.com port no: 993
POP Server- POP.gmail.com port no: 995
SMTP server- SMTP.gmail.com port no: 465 or 587
Update your server names with the above details if you are not getting the emails yet. So You need to follow the steps given below.
Disable the security software-
Sometimes, the security programs might be blocking the roots. That’s why you may be having the Gmail not getting emails problem.
So you need to disable the antivirus, VPN, proxy, and other security programs.
Now try to do the send & receive activity again.
Let’s see if it is allowing you to do so or not?
Remove the account and re-add it-
If you are not receiving the emails on your Gmail using the outlook or windows mail yet. So You can remove the account from the app and add it again.
In case, if you face any difficulty, you can visit: why I can’t add Gmail into windows 10 mail?