If You ever debate with someone about top free email service company, I am sure; you can’t deny adding Gmail in the top 3 list.
That’s all because of its services, Gmail is offering up to 99.99% running time and best security to keep you secure all time.
But still, as we all know, nothing is permanent. Likewise, You may also have some problems with your Gmail. Some users are complaining about not receiving emails on Gmail account at Gmail product forum.
They are unable to get new emails on their phones, computer & other devices.
Generally, people can’t receive emails on their Gmail account due to the following common reasons.
- Gmail filter is creating trouble for you.
- Probably, you have blocked the sender.
- Gmail is rerouting your emails to another place.
- Server or account settings related issues.
How Do You Fix The Gmail Not Receiving Emails-
In this article, we will share step by step guide to fix the Gmail not receiving emails. You can use them to get your problem resolved.
Step 1- Review the Trash/Spam mail folder-
When Gmail is missing an email from the inbox, you should jump to the trash or spam folder.do you find your emails there? If yes!
Those emails might be arriving there due to the filters. That’s why you are unable to receive emails on your Gmail account.
So you need to select those emails and move them back to the inbox.
- Let’s access your Gmail account on a web browser, and click on the trash folder.
- Select your emails, that’s you want to move into the inbox folder.
- Press the move button, and select your mail folder.
Once you move your emails back to the inbox, you need to jump to step 2 for deleting the mail filters.
Step 2- Terminate all mail filters (Most Common Reason For Gmail not receiving Emails )-
Email filters are one of the most common reasons behind Gmail not getting emails problem.
Most of the time, people do not create an appropriate filter. That’s why Gmail doesn’t receive the emails on the inbox. So it would be best if you quickly terminated active filters using the following steps.
- Let’s login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the settings icon above the mailbox and click on the see all settings button.
- Now press the filters & Blocked address option from the settings menu.
- Press the delete button available next to the mail filters, and press the ok button.
After deleting the mail filters, you may ask your friend or someone to send you an email again.
Step 3- Turn off the forwarding-
When you enable the forwarding on your Gmail account, it will start delivering the emails to the given path.
So it would help if you kept it disabled, to check the current settings, you can use the following options.
- Just go back to the Gmail settings, and press the see all settings button.
- Press the Forwarding & Pop/IMAP option from the settings menu.
- Delete all email address, available in the forwarding option.
- Now press the save changes button.
If you haven’t enable the Gmail forwarding by yourself, it might be possible; someone did it without your permission.
So you should secure your account as well.
Step 4- Check the browser settings-
Sometimes a web browser can cause Gmail not to receive emails problem.
So you should check the few settings and make a few changes as well.
- Let’s clean the browser cookies, cache & bookmarks.
- If it doesn’t work, you should reset the web browser.
Turn off the proxy & VPN programs-
If Gmail won’t open on your web browser and giving you a privacy error. You should check the proxy settings. Probably, you have enabled the proxy settings, that’s why you are not getting emails on your Gmail. Account mailbox.
Also, check for the VPN programs, If there is any VPN program running. It would be best if you disable them immediately.
Select the Default View Option for inbox-
Sometimes, users can see the old messages on their inbox due to inbox settings.
They have chosen the old email first option. That’s why you can’t receive the new emails on the first page of the inbox folder. So you need to follow these options to make changes.
- Let’s press the Gmail settings button.
- Choose the Inbox type Default.
Once you choose the default type for your inbox, you will start receiving the emails on your inbox.
Check The account details (Another Common reason for Gmail not receiving Emails ) –
If Gmail is not receiving emails on the outlook, windows 10 mail app, etc. It may be happening because you haven’t added your gmail account on mail app using the correct settings.
That’s why your Gmail can’t receive emails. So you need to configure your account with the following settings.
IMAP server:: imap.gmail.com
Port no:: 993
SSL requirement:: Yes
POP Server Configuration –
server address :: pop.gmail.com
Port no :: 995
SSL Requirement :: Yes.
Outgoing server configuration –
Server address:: smtp.gmail.com
Port no:: 465 or 587
SSL Requirement:: optional.
While you will configure your account with these settings, you should also turn on the IMAP or pop settings.
- Go to the Gmail settings and press the see all settings button.
- Press the forwarding & pop/IMAP settings option.
- Enable the desired server and press the save changes button.
Why Is My Gmail Not Getting Emails on my iPhone or Android phone-
When Gmail is not receiving emails on the iPhone and giving you some errors, you need to follow this guide.
First of all, you need to check the internet connection on your device, make sure your device is accessible to the internet.
Update the Gmail password-
Most of the time, users are not getting emails on their Gmail account due to incorrect accounts.
Likely, the phone is using an incorrect or old password, which isn’t working anymore. That’s why the phone is unable to sync with the Gmail server, and you can’t receive the emails on your Gmail account.
So you should update the password on your iPhone using the following settings.
- Go to the settings on your iPhone, and hit the passwords and accounts option.
- Tap on your email account, and scroll up to reach to the email server.
- Now update your new password, and press the done or save button.
Remove & add the account again-
If you can’t receive the emails on your Gmail using the iPhone yet. I will recommend you to delete the email account and add it again using the valid settings.
- Go to the settings on the iPhone and hit the passwords and accounts option.
- Tap on your Gmail account and press the delete button.
- Now you will see the account configuration option, click on the delete icon.
- Finally, your account will be deleted. Now press the Add account button.
- Choose Gmail and press the next button.
- Now add your email address and other details and follow the procedure to add the email account again.
So these are the steps to get Gmail not receiving emails problem. In case, if you’re facing any kind of other problems. Please share your problem with us. We will troubleshoot the problem for you.