Linksys router is a perfect router for home and office, but it can create a Linksys router not working issue.
When your Linksys router is not working, it shows the error related to internet settings or hardware itself.
But it’s not too hard to make your router working again. If you follow the steps correctly of this article it will start your Linksys router.
Complete guide to fix Linksys router not working
Power Cycle The Devices-
Most of the time, the Linksys router not working issue can resolve by just rebooting your device. Restarting the router should be in the given order:
- Firstly, disconnect the power line from your Linksys router.
- Next, remove the power cord from your DSL / ADSL modem as well.
Now, wait for 1 minute and insert the power cable and turn on in the following sequence:
- First, plug in the power adapter into your DSL / ADSL modem, and wait for 45 seconds.
- Plugin the power adapter into your Linksys router then wait for 1 minute again.
Check what color of steady light you are getting on an internet indicator of the router?
Whenever it starts a blinking orange internet light on your Linksys wifi router, you should perform the next step.
Check Internet Connectivity-
People also complain their Linksys router was not working due to the modem or internet connectivity issue. After verifying the internet from the modem Linksys starts working.
There are basically two methods to verify the internet status from ISP.
- Check the internet light on your DSL modem. If it shows blue or green light means there is no issue from ISP. Red or orange lights indicate that fault with the ISP.
- Disconnect your Linksys wifi router from the modem, and connect straight to your modem with a computer.
If you find the issue related to the ISP, you can make skip the rest of the steps and have a word with the ISP first. They will resolve the issue.
Inspect The Cable Connection –
Have you checked the connection between the router and modem? So many times, the Linksys router stopped working due to the wrong wire connection.
So you should examine the cable connection. It should be in the given method.
- Your modem should be attached to the WAN (internet) port of the router.
- Your computer should be attached to the LAN (local) port of the router.
Check The Cable Or Connector Health-
Never use a broken Ethernet or any cable for the connection. If your Ethernet cable is broken, you have to replace it with a new cable.
Does the same with the power adapter as well. If the adapter cable is broken, replace it immediately.
Review Internet Settings to fix Linksys router not working-
A wrong internet setup or settings cause of Linksys router is not connecting to the internet.
An Internet service provider may provide a different kind of connection types according to their convenience. There are three types of connection they use most of the time:
- Static connection.
- PPPOE type.
- Dynamic connection.
So, you have to verify the internet settings from your isp and configure it according to them.
Update The Router Firmware-
When the Linksys router doesn’t get update the firmware regularly, causes the Linksys router not working problem.
Usually, the Router updates its firmware automatically during the online sessions. Apart from that, you may also check firmware updates manually.
To update the firmware manually use these actions:
- Open your Linksys admin panel by typing 192.168.1.1( Some model uses 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1) on the browser’s address bar.
- Type username and password both as admin. For more details about login, credential look at the bottom or back of the router.
- Shift to the advanced tab, and hit on the firmware update.
- Next, upload the firmware file and click on the ‘save changes’.
- To download the firmware file go to Linksys firmware download
Finally, your router will install a new update software and update itself.
The Router Is Overheating-
Overheating any electronic device doesn’t allow it to work fine as well as make it faulty. It is possible Linksys router overheating can cause the router not working.
If your router is more than 3 or 4 years old, It may get overheat quickly. In such a case, you have to turn off your Linksys router entirely for 5 or 10 minutes every day.
It will remove unwanted saved cache files and help in keeping your router healthy. Restarting devices fixes most of the issues.
Factory Reset The Router to solve the issue linksys router not working-
Whenever the above steps don’t affect your router’s issue then use the factory reset router. You have to reconfigure the router with correct internet settings after doing a factory reset.
The reset button was made on the back or bottom of the router. It looks like a tiny whole.
You can reset it by pressing and holding the reset button by using the pin or paperclip. Now release the switch and reboot it once.
Configure or set up your Linksys router once all the lights on the router have turned on.
Punch The Ethernet Port-
A loose or dust on a specific ethernet port can start showing an unidentified network error on your pc. In such a case, you should remove that port cable and punch the Ethernet port again.
Further, restart the modem and router along with PC. I hope It has helped in resolving the Linksys wifi router stopped working issue.
If you have any other query related to the Linksys wifi, please feel free to ask us via comment.