When you receive the blinking power LED indicator light on your Linksys wifi router, It is indicating the issues related to the router computer network.
- Power supply issue.
- Linksys router firmware problem.
- The problems can related to additional things or this Linksys device.
These are the four common reasons for having a flashing orange light on your Linksys wireless router.
This kind of error will jam all types of network activity. In other words, your devices may not be able to communicate with the other devices available in the local network.
Now you must be wondering about how to troubleshoot the Linksys router blinking power light problem.
Well don’t worry, This is the complete guide to troubleshoot such problems, you can use this guide to troubleshoot your network issue.
Steps To Fix Linksys Router Power light blinking problem.
Step1 – Check the power wire-
This is the most common issue for the Linksys router power light blinking orange issue. When your router is having problems with the power supply, it will keep rebooting itself, due to which you will receive a flashing red light on your router.
It generally happens due to the two reasons:
- The power wire is faulty.
- Loose power jack.
In such a case, you should inspect the power wire first. Let’s make sure It should not be broken, and the power jack is fitting to the router correctly.
Also, change the power circuit board, plug your router to the other power board, and leave it free for 1 minute.
Let’s see if you get the green light or still flashing orange light.
Step 2- Reboot the router-
If you don’t find any issues with your power adapter, you should think of power cycling the router once.
So Detach the power wire from your router for a minute, and then reattach it. Now let your router reboot itself.
Once your Linksys router begins the reboot process, you should leave your router free for 70 seconds.
After that, let’s see what color of power led light do you see on your Linksys router?
Step 3- Let’s set up a static IP on your computer.
If your computer is connected from the router via ethernet wired or wireless connection and it is still showing an unidentified network status with blinking power light.
You should set up a static IP on your computer using the steps given below.
For Windows users-
- Let’s launch the run box by pressing the Windows + r Key on your keyboard together.
- Type NCPA.CPL in the run box and hit the ok key.
- Now Right-click on your network adapter and press the properties option.
- Choose TCP/IPV4 from the list and push the properties button again.
- Press the use the following IP address radio button and start typing the following addresses.
- Ip address- 192.168.1.5
- Subnet mask- 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway – 192.168.1.1
- In the preferred DNS option type- 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Now press the ok button to save these settings, and then hit the ok button on the network properties window again.
For mac users-
- You need to open the network preferences first >> select the network interface and press the advanced button.
- Now click on the TCP/IP tab from the menu.
- Choose the configure IP manually option.
- Finally, you need to enter the same IP address as stated above, and then press ok.
Step 4- Ping your router now-
Once you configure the manual IP address into your computer, you should go ahead, ping your router now.
Let’s initiate the run box again and type ping 192.168.1.1 in the address box and press ok.
If you can ping from your Linksys router successfully, you can go ahead and follow the next step; If it doesn’t ping from your router, you should jump to step 6.
Step 5 – Update the Linksys router firmware-
Sometimes, firmware can be a big reason for Linksys router power light blinking issues.
When the firmware is outdated, or it is flushed from your router. Your router won’t be able to function.
In such a case, you have to update the firmware on your router according to your version. You can download the newest firmware from this website.
Step 6- Factory reset the Linksys wireless router-
After following the above steps, if you are still getting the blinking power led light on your Linksys router, you should factory reset the router.
- Please Switch on your Linksys wireless router.
- Take a safety pin or paper, press & hold the reset button on your router for one minute.
Now release the button and reboot the Linksys wifi router. Now set up your router from the beginning. Your router will start working fine.
So this is the complete guide to get the Linksys router flashing power light problem fixed. I hope your router should have a green or blue light.