When you open the outlook to read some emails, it shows Microsoft Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E. May this error be a little frustrating for you? Isn’t it.
Generally, Outlook error 0X800CCC0E occurs due to the invalid incoming or outgoing server route. But apart from this, there may be some other reasons for this error. Here I will continue explaining about them.
- Outlook application is unable to sync to the mail server.
- The Firewall or antivirus is blocking the ports.
- Your computer is dropping the internet connection.
- The app is crashing or unable to process the request to the mail server. To fix this error,
Here I am sharing the instruction to resolve the issue. You may utilize them to fix the error code.
Steps To Troubleshoot The Outlook Error Code 0x800CCC0E-
If you can’t send & receive emails on your outlook mail app due to the above error code.
You can use the steps given below to troubleshoot the problem; these steps are applicable for all kind of outlook versions like- outlook 2007, outlook 365, outlook 2016, etc.
Change the outlook port-
When you are suffering from the outlook app’s sign-in problem, I recommend you reset the email password; most probably, the ports are not assigned correctly for the incoming and outgoing route.
That’s why the outlook cannot sync the mail, and you are receiving the error code 0x800CCC0E on your computer.
You should replace your current port number with the following ports.
Imap server- 993
Pop 3- 995
To change the port, you can pursue the actions provided below.
For Outlook 2007-
- Open the outlook 2007 application (press start button >> all programs >> open outlook 2007)
- Click on the tools and press the account settings tab.
- Select your email account on which you are getting the error code.
- Hit the change button and press the more settings button.
- Push the advanced option from the more settings menu.
- Now enter the port no: and press the done button.
For Outlook 2016, Outlook 365, And Other Outlook Users-
- let’s launch the Outlook application on your pc.
- Hit the files option, and press the account settings tab.
- Please select your account and hit the change(modify) button available on the menu.
- Now hit the more settings button, and push the advanced option.
- Directly change the port no and press the apply changes or ok button.
Enable the Authentication for outgoing server-
Sometimes, people get the error code 0x800CCC0E on their outlook application due to the authentication issue.
As we all know, every email company is using SSL encryption nowadays. So if you will not enable the Authentication for the SMTP server, outlook won’t communicate with the mail server.
So you should enable the Authentication for the SMTP server using the instructions given below.
- Let’s go back to the account settings on your outlook.
- Please select your email account and push the change key.
- Now press the more settings button and press the outgoing server tab.
- Put a checkmark on SMTP requires Authentication and press ok.
Now press the Test settings button to check if your application can communicate with the mail server or not?
Restart outlook in safe mode-
After using the above instructions, if your Microsoft Outlook / Hotmail program can still download all emails from the mail server and give you the same error code.
You should restart your application in the safe mode, now check if it is working fine or not?
- Open the run box (press Windows + R key together).
- Type outlook.exe /safe and press the ok button.
Finally, your mail app will start itself in the safe mode.
Reconfigure the email account-
After making the outlook account changes, if you are still unable to access the email server. You need to delete the current account profile and create a new profile.
Please take these actions for deleting the email account from the outlook app.
- Let’s jump into the account settings on the outlook mail app.
- Press the email settings and delete account button.
After deleting the email account profile, it’s time to add the account again using this guide.
- Go to the account settings and press the add button.
- Now type your email information.
- Put a tick mark on the manually configure the account option and push the next or continue button.
- Now type your email details, incoming and outgoing server information.
- Let’s hit the more settings button, and press the outgoing server tab.
- Put a check on enabling the Authentication for the SMTP server.
- Now go to the advanced settings tab, and assign the ports for incoming and outgoing server and press ok.
Finally, your account will be configured; you may perform the send & receive an action to ensure if the outlook is working fine or not?
Some Other Ways To Fix The Error Code 0x800CCC0E On Microsoft Outlook-
If you are still unable to resolve the 0X800CCC0E error. You should check some different settings listed below.
Fix internet connectivity-
We all know, outlook requires web connectivity to sync with the mail server. If your pc is not connected to the web (internet) network. It won’t be able to perform send& receive tasks successfully.
So, it would help if you troubleshot the internet connectivity status,
Turn off the security programs-
Let’s disable the security programs on your device for a while, and then reaccess the outlook mail. Maybe the antivirus or firewall programs are blocking the route. That’s why outlook can’t sync to the mail server.
So, these are the quick tips to fix the Microsoft outlook error 0X800CCC0E if you still can’t resolve the error. Let us know via comment with the exact error message you have received during the send & receive process.