The article has all the instructions about Netflix password change. Netflix user needs to change Netflix password when they forgot it and want to login Netflix into another device. Your Netflix devices maybe a TV, Laptop, Desktop, or new Phone.
People also complain they had to re-login after updating the device on which they are watching Netflix. They forgot their Netflix password and don’t know how to find it.
Read the complete article to know about Netflix settings and recover its password.
Netflix Password Change Via Text Message or Phone Number
Recovering a Netflix password using a phone is one of the fastest ways to change your Netflix password. You need your phone number, which is linked to your Netflix account, and follow the steps below:
- Open web browser on your computer or mobile phone.
- You need to go to https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp and select Text Message ( SMS ).
- Enter the phone number connect with your Netflix account and click on Text Me.
- You will get a verification code on your mobile phone number, and the screen prompts you to enter that code.
- After typing the code in the box, it will ask you to create a new password.
- Further, login your Netflix account on your device with new password.
Note: Verification code expires after 20 minutes. So, your mobile phone should in the network to receive verification code.
Get Netflix Password By Email
- Use any computer or mobile phone and open https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Select the Email and type your registered email below in the box.
- After typing the email, click on Email me.
- You will get a Netflix password reset link in your email inbox.
- You should also check the spam folder in case you don’t get the email in your inbox. Sometimes it can take longer than usual to receive the email, so wait for a few minutes.
- Open your email and click on the Netflix reset link.
- A new window will open and ask you to enter a new password.
- You need to type a new Netflix password that does not match with the old one.
- Note: The Netflix password reset link expires after 24 hours. So, ready to use your password reset link it before expiry. Anyhow if your link is expired, create a new password reset link by the same steps.
- Sometimes password reset links won’t work due to saved old cookies. You need to delete old Netflix cookies by clicking http://www.netflix.com/clearcookies.
- Further, repeat the process from starting after cleaning browser cookies.
Through Netflix Billing Information
There is one more way to change Netflix’s password without your email and phone number. You can recover your Netflix account password by using your Netflix billing information.
Your account details saved into the Netflix server if you had ever subscribed to Netflix or buy. They can provide your account access on behalf of your billing details. Follow the steps below to get your Netflix account via billing details:
- Go to your PC/laptop or mobile browser and type https://www.netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Now, select I don’t remember my email or phone OR I can’t remember my email address or phone number.
- Further, you will get three boxes on the screen and type the information required there. Information will be your first and last name on the Netflix account, also the ‘Credit or debit card number on file.’
- Click on ‘Find Account,’ It will search your account on the Netflix database using your name, including credit or debit card details.
- Further, if the data get a match, it will prompt your account access.
Note: If you have used any other third party mode of payment apart from credit or debit card, please contact Netflix from https://help.netflix.com/en/contact.