Judy C. Battiste
Here is the list of basic reasons behind hp printer says offline problem:
- Communication issue.
- Driver issue.
- Printer Firmware Issue.
If your hp printer keeps going offline. you should follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem.
Check connection –
You should always start troubleshooting the printer connection by checking the connection between printer and computer.
- If you are using your hp printer as a local printer. you should disconnect the USB cable from your pc and then reconnect it. Let’s see it does detect the connection or not.
- If you are using a network printer. You should disconnect the printer from the wifi and reconnect it again.
- Be sure, your printer and computer should be connected through the same networks. mostly, people face hp printer is an offline problem due to the different network connection issue.
Power Cycle your Gadgets-
- Check the printer power light status. If it is showing Orange or yellow. it means, your printer is in the sleep mode. in this case, you have to press the power or home button to wake up your printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your printer and shut down your computer as well. Now, wait for one minute, and then Power on your printer first.
- Now turn on your computer and then make a test print. let’s see if it is printing or still giving you the offline error.
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by Judy C. Battiste.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Lenora K. Yager.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Lenora K. Yager.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Lenora K. Yager.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Yvonne Nymann Bruun-Schultz.
- This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Yvonne Nymann Bruun-Schultz.