How To Fix Aol Email App Problem On Iphone 7

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kay N. Grijalva .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

phyllis
    Participant

When I try to send mail via my AOL app on my iPhone 7, I get a message that says my “user name is incorrect.” (I can, however, send and receive mail via AOL webmail.) I AM able to receive mail in the app.  I have made NO changes to my settings. What is happening with the AOL Email and how do I fix it.

Many thanks in advance.

Varun Tiwari
    Participant

Hello Phyllis,

We see many cases like this every day. Users are having send & receive emails issue on their phones due to the configuration issue.

I can assure you; there is nothing wrong with the AOL mail server-side if you can follow the instructions given below. It may be helpful for you.

• Get into the settings on your iPhone 7.
    • Tap on the mail, contacts, & calendars option.
    • Tap on your AOL email account.
    • Scroll down and click on delete account.

Right after removing the account from the phone, you will advise you to reboot your iPhone once.

Now go back to the settings and click on mail contacts and calendars.

• Press Add account.
    • Select your AOL as your webmail service.
    • Now type your full name, email, and password and press the next button.

Now you need to put a checkmark on all services (mail, contacts, calendars, etc.) that you want to activate.
    Press the ok button.
    Now let’s refresh the email box. Have you received any new emails?

For more details, feel free to visit: troubleshoot not receiving emails issue on the AOL account.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Let’s update the username and password on your phone once, and then try to reaccess your AOL account.
    If you are still having “AOL mail not sending and receiving emails issue “on iPhone 7.
    You need to update the mail app. You may install another third-party application into your computer and use it for AOL.
    It will work completely fine into your iPhone.

• Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In