Asus laptop WiFi Is Not Working?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brenda R. Guerro .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

My Asus laptop is not detecting the WiFi network. I have tried to disable and enable the network adapter. But all the time, it is showing no system available error message.

Also, I have reboot the laptop multiple times, but still getting the same error message.

James L. Hammer
    Participant

Here are quick tips for troubleshooting the Asus laptop wifi not working problem. You can use them to fix the problem.

1.   If your Asus laptop is not showing wifi network. You should check the wifi settings. Maybe you have turned off the WIFI. That’s why your Asus laptop is not detecting any wifi network. You can turn on the wifi simply pressing the wifi (F2) button.

2.   Let’s open the network adapter, right-click on the wireless adapter and click on disable. Now enable the adapter.

3.   After disabling and enabling the network adapter. If your Asus laptop still not detecting the wifi network. You should reboot the WLAN settings.

4.   Sometimes, people are going through Asus laptop wifi, not working problem due to the outdated wireless driver. So you should check for the driver update. If there is any update available. You need to go ahead and install it in.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

About a weak ago, I was going through Asus laptop wifi, not working problem. It was due to the due to the outdated wireless driver. So I updated the wireless driver.

After that, My Asus laptop has started showing the wifi again.

To update the wireless driver on an Asus laptop, you can follow the instructions given below.

1.   Let’s connect your Asus laptop with the router via ethernet wire.

2.   Open the device manager using DEVMGMT.MSC command.

3.   Click on the network adapter and double click on your wireless driver.

4.   Now you will able to see the properties window. Here, you need to click on the driver tab and click on update driver.

5.   you will see the update window, here you need to click on search automatically for an updated driver.

6.   Finally, your laptop starts looking for the update. Once it will find the update. It will automatically update itself.

Somehow, if you don’t find the update for the wireless driver. I will suggest you uninstall the wireless driver and install the latest driver into your computer.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

Did you try to factory restore your laptop? If not? Try it once. You should roll back your computer to the date when WiFi was working fine.

To do that, you can follow the instructions given below.

1. Type system restore in the windows search box.
    2. You will get the system restore option in the search, click on it.
    3. Now you will able to see the restore points. You need to select the date when your laptop was working fine, and click on next.
    4. Now your computer will start the restore process. This might take several minutes. You need to wait till that time.

Once the restore process will complete, your system will start working fine.

• Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In