How Do I Fix Lenovo Laptop Sound Not Working Problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

I am not getting the audio from my Lenovo laptop. Even I tried to play multiple music and movies on my laptop.

Can somebody tell me, why is sound not working on Lenovo laptop and how do I get it fixed?

James L. Hammer
    Participant

The sound problem on Lenovo laptop can occur due to several things like- hardware issues, driver issues, or audio settings issues.

But here, I am giving you the basic guide to troubleshooting the audio problem.

this may help you in fixing the Lenovo laptop with no sound problem.

• Look at the sound icon, Ensure that there is no mute icon available. If you see the mute icon on it, you should un-mute the sound by pressing the sound button on your keyboard.
    • Play a movie or music on your laptop, now raise the volume, and make it on the highest level. Let’s see if you can hear a sound or not?
    • Let’s plug-in the headphones or external speakers, now play music, can you hear the sound or not.
    Sue A. Davis
    Participant

Troubleshoot Lenovo laptop no sound problem on windows 10 laptop – 

Sound is not working on Lenovo laptop issue is very normal nowadays. Anyone can face it at any point in time.

But the good news is, you can easily troubleshoot this issue by using some useful techniques.

Restart your laptop –

Whenever you find yourself struggling with the Lenovo laptop audio problem, you should start with rebooting your laptop.

Simply press the restart button on your laptop, and then let it reboot. Once it will restart. You should play an audio file again.

Let’s see if you can hear any sound or not?

Check the mute functionality-

Please verify that you have not muted the sound on your laptop.  If you see the red X icon on your speaker icon.

It means you have muted the sound by mistake. That’s why you cannot hear any sound from your laptop.

In such a case, you need to push the sound mute button again, it is available in the laptop’s keyboard.

Set your internal speakers as a default speaker-

If you can’t hear the sound from your internal speakers, while you can easily get the sound through outside speakers or headphones.

It could be default speaker settings. Possibly, you have not selected your internal speakers as a default speaker.

That’s why you are facing Lenovo laptop no sound problem.

In such a case, you need to turn off the laptop and restart the modem. It will help you in fixing the problems related to the computer or networking.

• Go to the Control panel and click on the Sound option.
    • Click on the Internal Speaker and then click on default.
    • Now Press the apply changes button, and then play audio again.

Uninstall the duplicate audio Drivers-

In windows 10 and windows 8.1 operating systems, people face the Lenovo laptop sound not working problem due to the duplicate drivers.

When they try to update their computer, the computer downloads the duplicate copy of the sound driver and installs it into the computer.

These copies of the driver will conflict with your original sound, and that’s why you will not get the audio from your Lenovo laptop.

In such a case, you need to uninstall all sound drivers available on your laptop.

Now let’s reboot your Lenovo laptop once, and then it will automatically find the best driver for itself.

For uninstalling the sound driver, you may follow the instructions given below.

1. Go to the device manager.
    2. Click on games, audio and video controller.
    3. Select your sound driver one by one and click on uninstall.

Once you will install it completely. You may go ahead and restart your Lenovo laptop once.

Let’s update the sound driver (a very common reason for Lenovo laptop no sound issue)-

When did you update the sound driver on your Lenovo laptop last time?

Please ensure that your driver is not outdated in this era.

you can easily find the newer version of your audio driver on Lenovo’s official website, or you may update it using the following techniques.

1. Let’s go to the device manager again.
    2. Expand the games, audio, and video controller.
    3. Right-click on sound driver and click on update.
    4. Click on Search automatically for updated sound driver.
    5. Now your computer will start finding the most recent driver for it. Once, it will find the driver. It will install it automatically.

Uninstall the sound driver-

If you have tried the above steps but still not getting the sound from your Lenovo laptop, you need to uninstall the sound driver and install the

If you have already tried the above instructions but still sound not working on Lenovo laptop.

I will recommend you to restore your computer to the backdate when audio was working fine on your laptop.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

If you have already tried the above instructions but still sound not working on Lenovo laptop.

I will recommend you to restore your computer to the backdate when audio was working fine on your laptop.

James L. Hammer
    Participant

Hi, I am not getting the audio from youtube, but I can hear the audio If playing something on my vlc media player.

Can you tell me why is audio not working on my Lenovo laptop?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.