(Solved) Fix Asus laptop No Sound Problem Easily

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  James L. Hammer .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant
    @judy

My Asus laptop has no sound since last night. I was watching a video related to my work. Suddenly I lost sound from my laptop.

I tried to reboot the laptop multiple times. But still going through the same problem, Can you help me in fixing Asus laptop sound not working problem?

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant
    @kaygrijalva

Also, here I am sharing some basic guidelines to fix Asus laptop sound not working problem. You can try them once to fix the problem.

Which application were you using for playing the video like- was it VLC player or you were using the browser?

Be sure you have not muted the sound by mistake for the particular application. If you have muted the sound, you should go forward and unmute it to fix Asus laptop no sound problem.

To Un-mute the sound You may follow the directions given below:

1.    Click on the sound bar available in the taskbar.

2.    Now click on the mixer.

3.    Do you see the mute icon on any application? If you see that, you need to click on the mute icon to unmute it.

Harold E. Claypool
    Participant
    @harold

Normally, People deal with Asus laptop sound not working problem due to the few basic reasons.
    Sound is muted.

•  Speaker problem.
    •  Driver issue.
    •  Application problem.
      Now let me take you to the next step. There you will get an option to fix the asus laptop audio problem.

Unmute the sound first- 

As Mr. kay, Grijalva has already discussed the mute function. So you should mute and unmute the sound on your laptop first.

User speakers or earphone – 
    If you have an earphone or external speaker. You should install it with your laptop. Now try to play music. Let’s see if you can hear any sound or not. If you can really hear the sound.

This means the problem is related to the speakers. In that case, you should replace the speakers.

Fix Audio Settings or sound driver issue – 

When you don’t get the sound from external speakers as well. It shows the problem related to the windows audio settings or driver.

So first you should begin with checking the default audio settings on your Asus laptop. If everything looks fine.
    You should uninstall the sound driver from your Asus laptop, now reboot your laptop and then install the newer version of the sound driver. Let’s see if it is working now or not.

Fix application problem- 

If you don’t get the sound from a specific application, while you can hear the sound from other applications.

This means you have restricted the sound for that particular application. That’s why you are not getting sound from your Asus laptop.

In that case, you need to visit the volume mixer and allow that particular application to play music.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant
    @judy

If you are dealing with Sound is not working on Asus laptop windows 8 or windows 10 pc.
    It could be due to the appearance of multiple sound drivers into your laptop.

Recently in the study, I found whenever your laptop receives an update from windows. They also install the secondary audio drivers into the laptop.

When you decide to play audio on your laptop, both drivers clash with each other and it begins to the Asus laptop sound not working problem.

so you should check the device manager. If you find two or more sound drivers into your laptop, you should simply uninstall all of them and then reboot your Asus laptop.

Once your laptop will be rebooted, it will automatically install the best driver for itself.

To uninstall the sound driver you can follow the instructions given below:

1.    Right click on My computer icon and click on manage (you can also run devmgmt.msc to open the device manager).

2.    Expand computer management tab and click on device manager.

3.    Now click on sound, game and video controller.

4.    Select your audio driver, right click on it and click on uninstall.

5.    Check the confirmation box and press the ok button.

Mikaela M Tarr
    Participant
    @mikaela-tarr

Let’s try to set your internal speaker as a default speaker:

Click on the sound icon available on the bottom taskbar.

Now Click on the mixer.

Select the System sound and go to the playback section.

Choose your internet speaker as a default speaker.

Now try to play the audio on your laptop. This will resolve the Asus laptop sound not working problem.

James L. Hammer
    Participant
    @james

May I know, which application are you using to play your videos? Let’s try to play the same video on VLC media player or Power dvd player.

May be your existing media player is not supporting the video format. That’s why you are going through the asus laptop no sound problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In

Call Now
Skip to toolbar