How Do I Fix My Hair Dryer Is Not Blowing Hot Air?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lenore Zemlak .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Hope Spinka
    Participant

My hairdryer stop working and start blowing cold air even the hot button is on. Dryer fan is spinning but not producing warm air. How can fix hair dryer is not heating up the issue?

Anastasia Crist
    Participant

If the dryer is not blowing warm air also cold air, it shows the problem is in the heating element. There is a heating element which heats the air and fan blow it out.

The heating element is in the form of a small metal spring. There could be four or six pair of spring also connects. It works like an electric heater. These springs heated up with electricity also consumes a high amount of power.

James Corday
    Participant

You have to open your hair dryer and find out where is the problem. First, check external wire also plug, which connects to the switchboard. If everything looks goods and there is no damage open your hair dryer.

A hair dryer can open by unscrewing the screws. Once you begin, it will look like something below image. Some dryer might look different, but parts and connection would be the same.

inside hair dryer open

You have to see carefully there any mark of short circuit or burn inside it. Now plug in power switch and turn on. Using your tester check the current is going to your dryer switch.

There are heating elements, turn on dryer switch carefully because the fan will start blowing air and those heating elements with the electric tester. Some times Thelma outlet stuck at disconnection position. Check that also.

If everything looks good, they might possible problem is also with an auto cut switch or heating elements. You have to replace one by one and check its working fine or not.

Lenore Zemlak
    Participant

As you describe above, it shows your dryer heating element is not working. Might cut off switch is not working but maximum chances go against the heating element.

Heating element replacing is not a big issue. You can quickly restore it if you have some technical knowledge. The above answer is well-described by warming part replacement.

Asa Marquardt
    Participant

Sometimes we never realize about dust particle stuck into the fan. One side of hair dryer sucks cool air and blow warm air from another side. It may suck dust particles your damage hair.

Once it reaches to the fan will stop moving the fan. If the fan stops heating elements won’t turn on, many hair dryers have a feature or technology like this. I will suggest you keep clean your hair dryer from time to time.

• Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In