How Do I Remove MacKeeper From MacBook? MacKeeper Removal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Itzel Romaguera .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Zyan Herzog
    Participant

I don’t know from where I got mac keeper in my mac book and its popping up every time. It is very irritating. 

I have noticed that my Mac book is started working slow. How can I uninstall mac keeper from my mac book?

Removing mackeeper is not a big deal. Most of the user doesn’t know about uninstalling any application from MacBook. Just follow the simple methods below-

Find the Application folder in your MacBook and open it.
    Move cursor on mackeeper icon. Now drag and drop into trash icon.
    If you are login with your administrator account, otherwise it will ask the administrator password.
    One more notification box will open and ask to validate before uninstalling the mackeeper from MacBook.
    Once you click ok, the uninstalling process will start.
    Thanks.

Joyce M Cody
    Participant

Firstly you have to log in your Mac as root administration permission. If it is your MacBook, it is possible you are already administration login.

Many User and developers say Mac Keeper is poorly developed software. Their developer tries very hard to make it better. So it requires you to remove Mac Keeper altogether.

Mac needs you to Quit MacKeeper first before deleting. If it is not closed, you can get a report saying: “The item “MacKeeper” cannot remove because it’s open.”

Again, a warning: if you have used MacKeeper’s encryption feature, be sure to unencrypt before you uninstall MacKeeper.

You must also check any personal files save in /Documents/MacKeeper are Backups.

Javier Brown
    Participant

My simple method drags and drops into the trash. I did also remove my Mackeeper like that.

Itzel Romaguera
    Participant

There are lots of third-party application available in the market. That application can also remove mac keeper, but I will suggest you don’t go with them. Use manual uninstallation of mackeeper.

• First of all, open applications and go to utilities > activity monitor and terminate processes connected to MacKeeper.
    • Remove installed MacKeeper also from the applications folder.
    • Go to System Preferences and then so accounts> Login Items for MacKeeper and delete from Login Items.
    • Run a search for “MacKeeper” to review any linked file and as a result found, remove them.
  • Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In

Call Now