How Do I Upgrade RAM On Desktop?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author
    Shivani Rajput
    Participant

I own an Asus desktop with an i5 processor and 3 GB RAM, but according to my work, I need more RAM.

So can you tell me how to upgrade the ram on the desktop?

Lenore Zemlak
    Participant

How do I upgrade RAM on my desktop or laptop, it is the most common question asked by any computer user. Everyone wants their computer to work fast, and it directly depends on system configurations. You can make your computer fast by increasing the RAM in it.

Pints to know before increasing the RAM:

Increasing the RAM into a computer is an easy step. Before applying, lots of people don’t know; a wrong specification RAM can also slow down your computer speed.

So, you have to check some points before increasing the RAM-

1. Every motherboard has a limit of handling RAM space. If your motherboard only can handle a maximum of 4 GB, so never upgrade more than 4 GB of RAM. You can check this limit on a specific motherboard company’s website with its model number.
    2. Ram and motherboard have their fix data transfer speed, which is usually known as FSB or bsb. RAM data transfer rate just below the motherboard speed and should sync correctly; otherwise, it won’t perform well.
    3. Before buying RAM, check the type of RAM supported by the motherboard. The latest motherboard mostly uses the DDR3 kind of RAM.
    4. RAM should be original and always buy from official or reputed websites. Usually, Honda, Kingston, Transcend, Corsair, Simtronics are reputed names in brands or RAM

Steps to increase the RAM:

1. First, you should buy new RAM from the official website according to the above steps.
    2. Now, open the back cover of the laptop or side cover of the desktop by unscrewing. Make sure this time your computer must be turned off.
    3. Once it’s open, look at the motherboard and find out the RAM already plugged in.
    4. If your motherboard has an extra free slot, open the side notch of the slot and carefully place a new RAM over there. After light press on the RAM side, notch automatic close and hold the RAM. If, not do it manually.
    5. Now, before closing the open system panel, try to start the system carefully and check new RAM is working or not.
    6. Sometimes you can get a black screen or RAM has not increased; in that case, turn off the system and remove the RAM. Take a soft brush and clean the slot carefully, and insert the RAM again.

These above explanations can help you to increase your RAM. If you have any concerns, please comment below.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • <table><tr><td>You must be logged in to reply to this topic.</td><td><a href="http://www.askprob.com/wp-login.php"> Log In</a></td></tr></table>