Tagged: configure aol mail into outlook
This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Judy C. Battiste .
Judy C. Battiste
I just bought a new office 365 setup from best buy. Can anyone tell me how can I setup my aol account into outlook?
Well, you can easily set up your aol account on your outlook using the tricks given below:
- let’s install and activate the outlook first.
- Now open the outlook, and follow the steps again.
- Click on files, new and then set up the account.
- Now you need to type your name, your email address, and password.
- Now click on manual setup or server type and click next.
- Here, you will reach to the next window, just type your email address and password again.
- Choose the incoming server type as Imap: and type the server address: imap.aol.com.
- It’s a time to enter the outgoing server address. here you need to type your server address as smtp.aol.com
- Now you need to type the username and password for your aol email account.
- After typing the username and password, you need to click on advanced settings.
- Here you need to type the server port no. for incoming and outgoing server. after entering the port number. you need to click on done. your account will be successfully added.
I am unable to configure my aol account on outlook 2013. every time, when I try to connect to the aol mail server. It gives me login error.
Can you tell me what should i do to fix this problem?
Lenora K. Yager
Kay N. Grijalva
Let’s begin with checking the username and password for the account.
you might be typing the invalid password. that’s why your account is unable to sign into the aol account.
Also, Check the server information.
most of the time, outlook is unable to communicate with the path due to the invalid server path or authentication.
Judy C. Battiste
Which incoming server is better ? IMAP or POP3?
I want to configure AOL account on outlook 2016. Also, I have some subfolders in my emails. So tell me according to that, which email server should I choose?
|You must be logged in to reply to this topic.||Log In|