- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Philip Steuber.
- November 22, 2019 at 12:15 pm #5854Judy C. BattisteParticipant
My Gmail account has been hacked several times, So I want to remove this account and create a new account.
Can somebody tell me, how to delete the Gmail account permanently?November 22, 2019 at 12:22 pm #5857James L. HammerParticipant
Yes! I can surely help you in deleting your Gmail account permanently. But before that, you want to make you aware of a few things.
If you delete your Gmail account, you will lose all contacts, files or content available in the mail or google drive.
So before deleting your account, you just need to take the backup of your files, and contacts.
- Your browsing history, bookmarks, will be also deleted.
- You will lose the subscription from the music, youtube, app store, and other google products.
- If you are using your account on any android phone, Chromebook or any other devices. Those devices, will sign out automatically, and ask you to enter the new emails.
- Also, you will lose the contacts, and photos from your phone.
So never forget to take a back up of them.
The process to delete the Gmail account-
After knowing all this, if you still want to delete the Gmail account permanently, you may follow the steps given below:
- Let’s get into the Gmail account (In case, if you find difficulty in sign in, you may visit: how to fix Gmail sign in problem ).
- Click on your profile picture, and press the manage google account button.
- Now press the data & personalization from the left menu.
- Scroll down, and click on the delete a server or your account.
- Choose to delete your Google account.
- Now enter the password again,
- Finally, you will be signed out from the account, and your account will be removed.
I hope you have removed your Gmail account successfully,November 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm #5862Varun TiwariParticipant
In your case, instead of deleting your Gmail account, you should consider securing it.
If you will secure your account, it won’t be getting hacked again, and you don’t have to delete your email account forever.
To protect your account, you need to do the following things.
November 25, 2019 at 11:40 pm #5865James TylorParticipant
- Create a new password, do not share it with anyone, nor save it into the browser.
- Change the recovery phone number.
- Enable two-step security.
- Change the Security questions and other recovery details.
- Once you do that, your account will be completely secure.
So you’re unable to delete your Gmail account even after many tries! Relax!
Follow the below, mentioned step to remove your Gmail ac/c permanently.
Login into my account>>Go to My account>>under account-preference find and click on delete your account>> click on delete product and verify your password>Then click on delete icon>> Check the box icon yes “I want to delete the email address” > permanently> Enter your alternative email address and password which is not gmail>>remove gmail>> sign in your alternative email and click on the confirmation link>> verify your Gmail password and click on confirm>>November 25, 2019 at 11:42 pm #5870Philip SteuberParticipant
Google has recently updated its features and settings. People usually find the option “delete Gmail account” and click on that. After a new update, it’s a little bit difficult to discover how to delete google accounts.
You follow the steps below and quickly delete your google accounts:
- Login to your Google account and click on the image at the right top corner in your browser.
- You will find an option “Manage your Google Account,” click on it.
- Now a new page will open and click on “Data & Personalisation” from the left column menu.
- Scroll down and find the box “Download, delete or make a plan for your data” and “Delete a service or your account.”
- It will ask your Google account password for security confirmation before proceeding.
- Once you confirm your password, it will allow if you want to download your data.
- After all the confirmation, Google will allow you to Delete your Google account permanently.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.